Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Happy Birthday, Sis

My sister. I have a vague memory of the first time I saw her.

So small. Dressed in blue. I remember thinking “she looks like a mouse”.

i`m not sure what I felt towards my sister when I was younger.

My sis is 6 years younger than me. That means for 6 years, I had my parents to myself. Most importantly, I had my mom`s attention solely on me.

Growing up, I was a brat. Those who know me and my family say i`m my mom`s pet. But I sure did give her a hard time growing up. We had a love hate relationship.

I cant really remember what my sis meant to me in the beginning. Maybe she was like a new toy. A breathing one, someone I can play mommy-baby with.

There were times I really disliked her. I was jealous, maybe. Was it normal? I hope so. Coz I really am a nice person. But with my sis around, i felt my mom`s love was divided between us. I did not know then what I know now, about a mother`s love.

When my sis was old enough to play my kind of games (baby dolls, hide n seek, and whatever games were cool at that time), I guess I sort of like her. It was nice to have someone who can play all the boring parts in my make believe world.

Then I became a teenager. My sis was just another person who lived in the same house. What could a girl who is going through the difficulty of adolescence talk to her sis who is still in primary school?

I was not so close to my sis during my college years. The bond between my mom and myself became stronger than ever, while I was not at all close to my sis. When I think about it now, it surprises me how thoughtless I was…so unconcerned for my own sis.

At that time, the world revolved around me and my new found love.

I don’t know how and when we became close. Thinking about it now, I have no idea how it happened. But now my sis is a part of the circle which makes my life complete. I worry for her. I care, truly care. She is not only born to the person who gave birth to me, but she is a part of me. A connection which can never be broken.

My sis just started college a couple of months ago. And i`m worried like hell for her. Will she have good friends? Will she find someone wonderful to love, like I did? Will she look left and right while crossing the road? Is she happy?

I guess she will always be my baby sister…no matter how old she is now or will be in future.
I will always remember her as the tiny baby who looked like a mouse in a tiny blue dress.

Happy birthday, sis.


---------------------------------------------------------------

A Sister
Is God`s way of proving
He doesn’t want us to walk alone

~Anonymous~




5 Comments:

Blogger DARLing said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO your sister too
Cheers

:)

5:07 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

thank you...again.

reading your blog is like watching a day`s event :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

i make each day COUNT :)
thks for watching this event with me

2:22 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

My birthday was the 11th June. Hope your sister had a good birthday. =)

2:03 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

HAppy Birthday to Aaron too

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home