Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Friday, September 09, 2005

all for love - part 3

Scene: Sweetie watching CSI: Miami.
Me, cleaning the closet.

Me: Hey, did you watch the episode where Speed dies?
Sweetie: …………………..

Me: That was really sad, you know.
Sweetie: ………………….

Me: And doesn’t the new DNA lab guy look a bit like Greg from CSI?
Sweetie: ………………….

Me: Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. I just spent about 500 bucks today buying stuff using the credit card.
Sweetie: (Turns sharply away from the TV to me) Whaaaaat?? Why? What did you buy???

Me: Oh, now you can hear me?
Sweetie: Did you? Or not?

Me: No.
Sweetie: Phew. (Did I detect a relieved sigh?)

Me: So, what do you think about the new DNA guy?
Sweetie: …………………….

I’m getting myself a parrot.

17 Comments:

Blogger MunkieFast said...

So he has gone from "O.K." in part 1 to nothing in part 3. Isn't it great you can commincate by saying so little. Plus he picks you up dark chocolate from the airpot. I think you have a keeper

6:29 PM  
Blogger Queen of Cups said...

Oh honey, I have learned that you can't talk to men during 1)sports and 2)any drama that involves crime/blood/forensics.

Welcome to wedded bliss :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

ROFL!!! Men! They are the same the world over!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

We call that selective hearing.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all sweeties are the same.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

HILARIOUS! Not to mention, how could someone be THAT into CSI: Miami. I'd like to toss Horatio into the ocean with a lead brick belt and a straightjacket... just because he's SO egotistical with nothing to back it up. Ergh. Sorry... don't get me started on Horatio :)

2:48 AM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

That's what girlfriends are for, and why we go to the bathroom together -- we can't count on the men for decent conversations and sometimes have to escape just to be all talkative and get it out of our system so we can return to the company of men just to be ignored more. Or something like that.

Some days I wish I was a lesbian.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Raymond said...

Hahahhaha.It's real simple,Men can't multi task!the sooner you understand that the easier life will get.My sister Stella has to leave notes on the table if I'm watching a movie and then I'll read them after I'm done!
Especially if TOP GEAR is on,I even switch off my phone,I can't even talk if I'm writing something serious,Men focus on one thing at a time!Its scientifically prooven ladies have more connections between the right and left lobes of the brain!

My advice:SHUT UP!! Let him watch CSI in peace!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Thaozee said...

Forensics over-ride everything

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Apparently the only thing more important than CSI or things like it, are spending money. Intersting. But, he gets you chocolates!

9:00 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

shakabuku: lol. i do :)

mel: thank you, mel...:p

miladysa: :) i guess you experience the same response??

just me: thanks for visiting. and thank you for enlightening me :)lol.

kiki: and we still love them, huh :p

UC: lol. H does appear quite unemtional at times. but i think his character demands it. but didn`t he seem upset in the episode where speed dies?

librarian: lol! i never thought of it that way. but now when we girls all decide to visit the ladies at the same time, at least we can justify it to the boys!

raymond: i will bear that in mind. and give the poor man some peace :p

laks: :)

thaozee: oh? thank you for the eye opener ;)

cheryl: thats why i say men are difficult to understand :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Lol all men r like that - u should pick those times to get him to say yes to things hed normally say no ;p

3:10 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

visithra: ;) as just me said, men have selective hearing. when it comes to me spending money, he hears every single word i utter! be it forensic/blood/crime!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

hahaha! That is so typical!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Wildefrost said...

Ha!!! Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Mine claims to have a hearing problem. I don't know which is worse... ignoring or feigning deaf.

11:07 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

anne: men :)

lauren: you know what they say. can`t live without them...

12:14 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

hahaha
are u getting your parrot soon ?

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home