a day of discovery

I made a pretty cool discovery today.
Normally I wake up at about 7 to 7.10am for work.
And I would be ready and leave the house anytime from 8.15 to 8.23 am, and reach my office at about 8.40 to 8.52am, depending on the traffic, weather and number of morons on the road.
Today I woke up at 8.05am and totally freaked out. The sound of rain outside increased my frustration, as I would like nothing better than to snuggle back under the comforter and back to dreamland.
Only my sense of work ethics and self pride made me get up and head to the bathroom.
Oh, did I mention the first word out of my mouth upon seeing the time was “shit!”?
What a lovely way to start the day, huh.
Anyway, I was dressed up, out of the room, and…
Me: Oh damn, house keys!
(Back into the bedroom. Grabbed the house keys)
Me: Bye honey!
Sweetie: Uh.
(It`s ok, since I’ve already had my goodbye kiss earlier, accompanied with a I love you).
Out of the room again, then…
Me: Oh damn, my watch!
(Back into the bedroom. Put on the watch).
Me: Bye again, honey!
Sweetie: Uh-uh. (Snuggling deeper into the comforter. Only true love can stand this kind of test, let me tell you that. Otherwise, it’s water over your face, sweetie!)
So, at last I was out of the house, inside my car, with the engine on, and it was 8.29am.
And I reached my office at 8.52am.
So, the discovery I made was that I can get ready in 24 minutes and still be at work on time, even if it rained on the way and I had to tolerate idiots on the road.
I am pretty proud of myself, and even the discovery that I have pink eyeshade on one eye and purple on the other cannot dampen my spirits.





















12 Comments:
Thats why ur sis calls u the perfectionist, i guess. Great learning for me there!
I could do that only during my exam times!
That's hilarious. I think we've all been there before. Amazing how fast we can get somewhere if we're running late.
Oh, and I've done the mismatching thing when I'm in a hurry too. Here's one I always do and hope no one knows: shave one leg and forget the other. I've gone to work in an inside-out shirt, two different colored socks, accidentally bra-less (which is dangerous to all because I'm a d-cup), forgotten deodorant, and left my purse (with money and license) behind. The day ticks by just the same and usually only I notice the goof ups.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow, though!
Wow, you can really make it happen in a hurry if you need to! I love the mismatched eye shadow! I have worn the wrong colored shoes more than once with an outfit and forgotten to put my contacts in and spend the day half blind (it sounds crazy I know, but I see fine around my house without them).
Save a couple extra minutes and put makeup on when you get to work.
Can you say "ready for work in 10 minutes"?
I usually wear sunglasses into work so no one notices... :)
I woke up at Mid-day,not that I'm gloating(Heck yeah I am!!)Sleep is bliss!My holiday is way too long,I kind of envy the fact that you have something to do with your day atleast,I need to get back to University soon!
Haha! I have done that before, too! There's something about running late, that makes you get where you need to be EARLY!
Hey the eyeshadow could be a fashion statement.
I hate it on the occasional Saturday morning when I have to work and Cody's snuggled into the warm bed with my doggy Romeo. It makes it so hard to go to work!
Hey, it's a look! I once got to work and realized my shoes didn't match. Luckily at that time I didn't have a start time and I lived about 7 minutes from work, so I went home and changed. Excellent job.
That is pretty impressive! But now you won't be motivated to ever get up so early again!
Hehehehe yayyyyyyyy to you
lol eyeshadows were hillarious! ;p
KN: lol. i am not really a perfectionist. maybe a bit fussy, tough...
librarian: today, i woke up before 7! and i have forgotten my mobile once. my life felt only half complete.
christa: gosh! i don`t know how i will ever survive without my contact lenses.
mel: i will feel weird if i leave my house without having my make up done. not that i wear heavy make, but i feel naked if i dont apply at least my compact powder!
raymond: you lucky you! sleep till midday? i last slept that late about..oh, only about 3 years ago, i think.
marissa: isn`t that really cool, though? lol. weird too.
kiki: thank god i don`t work on saturdays! funny thing is, i wake up latest at 7.45am even on saturdays!
cheryl: thank you. i can`t imagine what i will do if my shoes were mismatched. most probably i will endure the 3 minutes humiliation (walk from car park to office) and call my sweetie to bring over the correct pair!
jay: lol. my body is so tuned to waking up at 7-7.15, it`s quite hard to break. even yesterday, i actually did wake up at 7.10, but thought "ok, five more minutes won`t hurt". haha...but it doesnt work that way, does it??
visithra: lol. i thought so too :p
Post a Comment
<< Home