Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

thank you, and i`m sorry

Grandpa,

Thank you for taking great care of me.
Thank you for willing to play hide and seek with me.
Thank you for your patience when it took you about 3 hours to finish feeding me.
Thank you for the sweets you bought for me every single time you went to the “old Chinese man” shop.
Thank you for telling me great stories.
Thank you for laughing even when I was being mischievous.
Thank you for secretly giving me more chocolate compared to my cousin.
Thank you for allocating me the small space in your garden for me to bury the ants after their fight which I organized.
Thank you for finding me perfectly round pebbles for me to play with.
Thank you for loving me.

Grandpa,

I’m sorry for being very naughty when I was young.
I`m sorry I did not spend enough time with you after leaving your home.
I`m sorry for not calling you often, just to ask you how you are doing.
I`m sorry I did not visit you often.
I`m sorry I did not tell you I love you.
I`m sorry I did not write down your stories to tell my children.
I`m sorry I did not ask you about your life before you came to this country.
I`m sorry I did not find out about my ancestors from you.
I`m sorry that I can only vaguely remember what you told me life was like during the Japanese occupation.
I`m sorry I did not sit down with you to just enjoy the silence.

I have been thinking of you lately, grandpa. Once, I swear I felt your presence. I know you are watching over me, grandma, and all of us. I hope we make you proud. I miss you, grandpa.

And grandpa, I am so very sorry for not saying goodbye to you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

That's really sweet. Reminds me of thoughts I have about my father.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

That's beautiful. He's with you all the time.

11:05 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

JUST AS SWeet as those CHOCOLATES
is even sweeter i guesss

YUMMMMY

12:23 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

This is really lovely :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

That's sweet. There's an elderly theme going around lately. I wrote something about that Young@Heart group, and someone mentioned on my blog that they've read several things lately about old people. I hadn't noticed it until that comment, but they were right!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home