a change..??
I`m considering a change of career.
Which is not at all relevant with my university degree, or my current job field.
If I do get it, it will be something I have wanted to do, but didn’t, because:
1) My mom didn’t like the idea of a career in that field.
2) The thought of leaving my sweetie often did not at all appeal to me.
So why do it now, huh.
The money is too good. Way too good.
And I will have the opportunity to do something I have always wanted to.
Travel.
It won`t be for very long though. Maximum, for 3 years. Not longer than that.
It will, of course, mean that some of my plans will have to be changed. The babies part.
I will have to put motherhood on hold, at least until after 3 years.
I will get married next year, though. Nothing will change that plan.
My sweetie is supportive of my plan. My sis will be cool with it.
My dad will be fine too. My mom? I can already hear her arguments. But I think she will be ok with it after some time.
I am divided about this change in career though. It is tempting, but I would prefer to come home often. Maybe I can work something out, where I still get to see my sweetie and parents often.
People have often told me I would suit that job. They base their opinion solely on my looks. If I was given this opportunity 2 years ago, I would have grabbed it without hesitation. But at 24, I have to consider many aspects.
Grrr…life is complicated enough without me having choices and making decisions.
Which is not at all relevant with my university degree, or my current job field.
If I do get it, it will be something I have wanted to do, but didn’t, because:
1) My mom didn’t like the idea of a career in that field.
2) The thought of leaving my sweetie often did not at all appeal to me.
So why do it now, huh.
The money is too good. Way too good.
And I will have the opportunity to do something I have always wanted to.
Travel.
It won`t be for very long though. Maximum, for 3 years. Not longer than that.
It will, of course, mean that some of my plans will have to be changed. The babies part.
I will have to put motherhood on hold, at least until after 3 years.
I will get married next year, though. Nothing will change that plan.
My sweetie is supportive of my plan. My sis will be cool with it.
My dad will be fine too. My mom? I can already hear her arguments. But I think she will be ok with it after some time.
I am divided about this change in career though. It is tempting, but I would prefer to come home often. Maybe I can work something out, where I still get to see my sweetie and parents often.
People have often told me I would suit that job. They base their opinion solely on my looks. If I was given this opportunity 2 years ago, I would have grabbed it without hesitation. But at 24, I have to consider many aspects.
Grrr…life is complicated enough without me having choices and making decisions.





















10 Comments:
hi, *thumbs up* best luck, girlie! I would always say go ahead and as Nike says, just do it!
Check out this link if u already havent seen. It may be of some relevance.
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html
Regarding adult pool, well, i think it will be easier for me to figure out if u can post some pics. ;)
If you think it will make you happy, you should do it. Starting a family surely can wait 3 years.
It sounds like you really want to do this. I think you've already answered your question!
change is always scary...so is fearing a mother's disapproval...if it's something you want, you should go for it.
good luck!!
reality n the dream oftens cross path
u hve to think wisely ..
As long as it isn't the military, I say go for it. And I only say "as long as it isn't" because I don't want you to die or come back missing body parts. Otherwise, follow your heart!
Go for it!! Its blatantly apparent that you are so eager and passionate about it!Nothing is as fulfilling in life as doing something you love and enjoy for a living
Yesterday on ESPN classic sport.I heard this comment by a baseball legend saying ,"I am the luckiest guy alive,I am doing the very thing I have always wanted to from the age of 7; hitting balls"
Don't let it pass you by
If you get it, then it was meant to be. Good luck!
Good luck! I would love to change careers. Wait...I don't have a career! Just a job. I need to find one.
thank you all for your words of encouragement and support :)
Post a Comment
<< Home