adam and eve...or ape?
I believe in GOD. But I think the reason I can’t or won’t question the existence of GOD is because I’ve lived so long with the believe that there is someone above me, beyond human, who is watching over us, and who created us. At 24, I can’t accept the fact I evolved from an ape. Although I am fascinated with that theory.
But I always wonder. Why did he make us so different? No, not in the sense of our looks, because I’m grateful I don’t see hundred people starting back at me with my own face, but in our life style. Why can I afford the luxuries of life, while others can’t? Why are there people…children, suffering?
This imbalance in life makes me believe in karma. If you were good in your previous life, then you will have a good living in the next. If your bad deeds override your good, then you will suffer in your next life…after paying a nice and long visit to hell first, of course.
But how do we define good? What if what I think of good is actually bad in GOD`s book? Some people call me selfish. But I personally don’t think so. It is just that sometimes, I do not like to share some things with people I am not close with, or don’t like. So in this concept, am I being bad or good?
When I unintentionally hurt people’s feeling, am I being bad? Are all my daily doings recorded? A book for the good me and another for the bad me?
When I donate to charity organizations, or drop a penny into the glass of beggars on the street, do I get extra points? What if I buy that outrageously expensive dress when I know that money can feed hundreds of people from third world country?
I do not want to go through life thinking and watching my every move, actions, words and feelings for fear of facing my bad deeds on Judgment Day. But if there truly is such a thing as suffering the consequences after death, I am so no looking forward to it.
I’m confused about GOD and his game. No matter how hard I try, I still am unable to figure him out.
Will I ever?
But I always wonder. Why did he make us so different? No, not in the sense of our looks, because I’m grateful I don’t see hundred people starting back at me with my own face, but in our life style. Why can I afford the luxuries of life, while others can’t? Why are there people…children, suffering?
This imbalance in life makes me believe in karma. If you were good in your previous life, then you will have a good living in the next. If your bad deeds override your good, then you will suffer in your next life…after paying a nice and long visit to hell first, of course.
But how do we define good? What if what I think of good is actually bad in GOD`s book? Some people call me selfish. But I personally don’t think so. It is just that sometimes, I do not like to share some things with people I am not close with, or don’t like. So in this concept, am I being bad or good?
When I unintentionally hurt people’s feeling, am I being bad? Are all my daily doings recorded? A book for the good me and another for the bad me?
When I donate to charity organizations, or drop a penny into the glass of beggars on the street, do I get extra points? What if I buy that outrageously expensive dress when I know that money can feed hundreds of people from third world country?
I do not want to go through life thinking and watching my every move, actions, words and feelings for fear of facing my bad deeds on Judgment Day. But if there truly is such a thing as suffering the consequences after death, I am so no looking forward to it.
I’m confused about GOD and his game. No matter how hard I try, I still am unable to figure him out.
Will I ever?





















16 Comments:
hi,
The post goes in sync with your blog-name....still_figuring_out. :)
Lots of questions there. Not sure if i am the right person to answer some of them. But personally, i know one thing. At the end of the day, i beleive one need not do things to get into good books or bad ones. One ought to do what he/she feels from within and which gives him/her the ultimate happiness. For eg, Mother Teresa got her happiness through her missionary work, einstein from his theories. And both of them left wonderful creations behind.
Sorry if my concept sounds weird. In single line, i mean to say....Do What you love.
Do not doubt him. Everything happens for a reasons.
AS long as u make each day counts
I think good or bad isn't based on individual deeds or experiences--it's about who you are deep down, which God would know. So a bad thing doesn't make you a bad person and likewise a good thing wouldn't make someone a good person. I have no doubt you're good person either :) Oh, and I totally believe in Karma in this life too. What goes around comes around.
i believe in karma, but im not sure it comes from up above. i was brought up as a catholic(having an archbishop in the family didnt help), but when i started reading about all the bad things people did in gods name i changed my mind. and now, more thn ever i believe that we are descendants of apes.
I believe in a benevolent energy that carries us all and ultimately wants us all to rise to our best selves and find happiness. I don't like the whole idea of "Judgement Day", or being punished for our sins. Life is an experiment, and with each experience (good and bad) we grow. And we're not brought to Earth to be inherently good all the time, it would be impossible. We're meant to make mistakes, learn from them, and move forwards.
To me, it just seems the way of the world. So live your life the best you can, and enjoy the ride. To me, that's the most important part of all.
Hey~ I have a lot of the same questions and thoughts as you.
This topic is one that will never be resolved though I'm sure. For me, it's just living your life in the best way you can.
I don't think we're meant to know every answer, ever. But the bible does say that god has nothing to do with the suffering in the world - we do that ourselves.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
an interesting satement from my sis:
hell is actually earth.
if you have a much comfortable life compared to others, then your bad karma was less.
once you reach nirvana (as in buddism), and all your bad karma has been paid off, then you will reach heaven.
Ok,I feel like the lone ranger here. I do believe in God, and his game!The thing is all the bible is umed up into 2 verses love your neighbour as you do yourself and love God with all your heart,thats all! If you keep those 2 then you are on the right track and by neighbour it means even people you don't really care much for or like remember the story of the good samaritan? he didn't know the beat up guy lying on the road but he still cared for him.
I believe we should wear good things like nice clothes shoes and perfumes. I believe God loves his children happy so you can buy lavish dresses.
I'll tell you one thing about GOD that I really love. He doesn't look at the outside appearances or deeds you do. But at your heart when doing them,your motives and so it doesn't help if you give to charity and not really want to or feel like it but if you give only a cent but want to with all your heart it moves God,even when praying always speak from your heart coz thats how God works
I will leave you with one verse from the bible please try and read it
[1Samuel 16:7] Please tell me what you think
raymond, i am not a christian, thus am not familiar with the bible.
I just try to live my life as a good person. :)
I think we have evolved from something slightly different than apes. Like we used to be a more intelligent apelike creatures in the past, and now we are what we are. And personally, I think UFO's and aliens are actually humans from the future, that come back to check out the past, and do history projects.:)
I think the trivial things like money, and all the things that go with living in a commercialized nation such as America, don't mean anything. Don't worry about that dress you bought, or giving beggers money. No physical possesions matter in the afterlife, so I doubt they matter here.
I don't know about previous lives, but it sounds like a solid enough therory. And the poor are the product of ultimate greed, and if there is a religious God, we're all going to hell. But, my heart tells me that it's not that way. The people closest to you are the ones you should give your love too.
Feelings will be hurt, and you will do bad things, but as long as you ask for forgivness in your heart, and always strive to do what you know is right, when it comes to humanity. I think you'll be okay.
Example, instead of giving the beggers money, talk to them. Let them know that you care enough to ask them how things are going for them, and maybe ask them what it's like to be in their shoes. Then maybe talk to them about your day. Why not? I've done that.
Stop worrying about what's right, and just do what you know is right in your heart, because to tell you the truth.....
I think when we die, our spirit shoots out into space to whatever energy source started it all (the universe). Be it God, or a blackhole, or who knows. Because, when you think about it, the only thing that makes us more than just a pile of water, platlets, and flesh, is our soul. I bet you it's going to be something neither of us could possibly imagine.:)
Do what you know is truly good and right in your heart (soul), and let all the rest of the baloney fall where it may.:)
Great post Still, I felt that one.:)
thank you, beo.
and yes, as long as i know and believe what i am doing is right, then i should not worry about what others think.
and as long as my consience is at peace, huh.
I know you think naught of my opinion "SFO" but I will present it anyway.
Firstly the good thing you are doing is questioning your faith. When you question then you will receive answers, like them or not.
The one thing I find a little silly in your post is that you dont believe that we have evolved from apes. I would like to know what theory you do believe in if you are not a christian. (By this I assume you do not believe in the story of creation detailed in "Genesis") So what theory of evolution do you believe in?
KOH,
you thought wrong. sometimes you do make sense.
:p
and i am a hindu.
i will write a post on my believe on the evolution theory sometime soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home