where did all the years go?
It isn`t everyday your one and only sister calls you up and says a guy has asked her to be his girlfriend.
*Gasp*. My sister? When did she become old enough to be anybody’s girlfriend?
Reality check.
She is 18.
Really? It feels like only yesterday I say her in her tiny blue dress, looking like a mouse!
Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating. Not yesterday. Huhm…let’s say, only 3 months ago?
Where did all the time go?
And who is this guy? Are his intentions honest? Will he be committed? Is he good enough for my precious sis? ah! So many questions are running through my head. I told my mom I think she is too young for boyfriends. And my mom said “Excuse me! Who hooked up with a guy after knowing him for 20 days at the age of 18?”
Ok, I deserved that, I think. But my sweetie is different! He is trustworthy, honest, a good person, almost an angel!
And what makes me think this guy is not?
*Sigh* the problem is I don`t know. I don`t know his intentions, and I think it will take me a good 50 years or so to decide if this guy deserves my sis. My sis told me she wants to try out with him.
Try? What`s there to try? It`s either you love him forever and ever, or you don’t. Where did the “try” thing come from?
I`m worried. I want my sis to experience the sweetness of love that I’m experiencing now. And I would hate it if she gets hurt in the process.
I`m trying not to be judgmental. And failing miserably. Guess I’ll have a better perspective when I meet him. And it better be soon!
*Gasp*. My sister? When did she become old enough to be anybody’s girlfriend?
Reality check.
She is 18.
Really? It feels like only yesterday I say her in her tiny blue dress, looking like a mouse!
Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating. Not yesterday. Huhm…let’s say, only 3 months ago?
Where did all the time go?
And who is this guy? Are his intentions honest? Will he be committed? Is he good enough for my precious sis? ah! So many questions are running through my head. I told my mom I think she is too young for boyfriends. And my mom said “Excuse me! Who hooked up with a guy after knowing him for 20 days at the age of 18?”
Ok, I deserved that, I think. But my sweetie is different! He is trustworthy, honest, a good person, almost an angel!
And what makes me think this guy is not?
*Sigh* the problem is I don`t know. I don`t know his intentions, and I think it will take me a good 50 years or so to decide if this guy deserves my sis. My sis told me she wants to try out with him.
Try? What`s there to try? It`s either you love him forever and ever, or you don’t. Where did the “try” thing come from?
I`m worried. I want my sis to experience the sweetness of love that I’m experiencing now. And I would hate it if she gets hurt in the process.
I`m trying not to be judgmental. And failing miserably. Guess I’ll have a better perspective when I meet him. And it better be soon!





















6 Comments:
I agree with sarah. Your sis is going to have to go through pain, to really understand what she really wants.
The only problem with that is that some people take a really long time to figure out exactly what that is. But, I'm guessing since this is the first guy she's dated at age 18, she'll know fairly quickly if it's right or not.
Then, only time will tell.
Just let her be she's old enough to start the quest for true love(Pssst...Just ask for his name and address. I know some reasonably priced Belgian hitmen if you're interested!)
i understand how u feel sFo
But not everyone is as fortunate as u
1st and the very last and forever.
Somethings ought to be learnt and go through
Wait until your youngest sister gets married! Oy vay!
thank you all for your advice...and support :)
raymond, thank you for visiting, and for the possible referral. i know whom to contact if, huhm, the situation is not so encouraging :p
When it comes down to it, you have to let her take a chance. It could be painful, but it also could be beautiful. They either will take your hand or they won't.
But hey, that's life yeh?
wow, I'm kinda cheesy...
Post a Comment
<< Home