Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

healthy living, anyone?

My legs.
They hurt.
Ouch.

My cousin, who is single and is in her mid thirties, thinks that she is overweight. Ok, maybe she is. A lot :p.
She has given herself 2 months to lose about, oh, say 25kg. I secretly think 2 months is too short a time to lose the excess weight you took a few years to gain. but why damp her spirits, right? right.

Since she is not so big on diet pills, liposuction or any slimming program, she decided to lose weight the healthy and not so healthy way. Healthy by exercising. Not healthy by taking very, and I mean very, little amount of food.

So, since i`m the ever helpful cousin (yeah, right) I told her we can do exercises together. Me and my big mouth. So now every evening, after work, we have allocated an hour to exercise under the watchful eyes of physical instructors. No, not the real keep-it-up-you-are-doing-good trainers, but the ones who made their own DVDs and are making some nice bucks, i`m sure.

We follow Paul Collins body coach workout, whatshisname for pilates and whatshisname for yoga.

The only reason i`m doing these workouts everyday is because I desire a healthy lifestyle. And of course, I wouldn`t mind losing a bit of flesh around my tummy. What tummy? asks my sis and sweetheart.

In fact, my sis has, out of concern for me i`m sure, announced that if I were to lose any more weight, I will have the misfortune to be called a skeleton. Not a flattering term, and which i`m adamant to avoid.

So my trick is to eat the necessary meals daily, yet workout in the evenings to balance it all out. Cool, huh.

The only problem I was not counting on was the pain that results from these workouts. Ok, maybe I shouldn`t complain, as it is normal to feel pain in the joints the first few days after exercising.

But hey, it’s my right to whine. And I’m going to make full use of it.
I hurt. Hurt. Hurt.

My legs hurt when I stand. When I walk. When I lie down. In fact, I think i`m developing a phobia on walking. Cause I hurt. It feels like someone is hacking at my mid thigh with every step I take. Yikes.

I hope and pray my body will get used to these workouts soon, and I will soon be one of those people who claim to practice a healthy lifestyle. Yahoo!
If I don`t get too lazy and bored of it first.

11 Comments:

Blogger DARLing said...

Go for a healthy living
maybe u can visit our website and take a look

www.wherehealthbegins.com

4:37 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

thanks for the support, darling.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think your legs hurt now, don't dare do pilates.

12:42 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

Feel the burn!!. Nothing like some nerve trauma to remind you of your workouts. After you get done working out, take down some protein. It will help you recover. I have used a recovery drink call Endurox R4 for a couple of years now. It helps recovery from workouts sooo much. It is tastey too. Good luck!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I know what you are feeling right now...it is the worst! (Make sure you are stretching before and after, that always helps).

Happy-belated 4th as well!

11:45 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

pilates?
what pilates?

:p.

waahaaa...scheduled to do them today!

yikes.

12:27 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

find her a boy..sex is the best wotout next to swimming...then you can relax..

1:01 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

p.s. I love pilates. if you stretch properly first it is so invigorating. try the bow and arrow pose, thats my favorite

1:02 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

LDQ,

believe me, my entire family is trying to find her a boy.

i think it would be easier to find osama and bush chatting over a cup of tea.

and ok, will try the recommended pose :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Most welcom ~ sfo

10:36 AM  
Blogger Raymond said...

"In fact, I think i`m developing a phobia on walking. Cause I hurt. "LOL LOL hahaha HAHAH LLOL

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home