Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

true love, you think?

I believe in true love. I most definitely do. Let me tell you why.

For starters, my birth sign is Taurus, and my other half’s is Aquarius. *Horror*. If the stars can be believed, Taurus and Aquarius are the most incompatible signs. See below:

“These two signs are very different from one another. Taurus lives in the here and now. Aquarius lives all over the place - past, present and future. Taurus will plod along paying the bills and minding his own business. Aquarius does not remember whether the bills were paid or not. Taurus is reserved and will be content to sit in the corner at a party and just observe. Aquarius is friends with everyone and never sits in a corner especially at a party. Aquarius will admire Taurus' strength. Taurus likes Aquarius' ease with others.”

Opposites attracts, you say?

I am a homebody. I will be perfectly contended to sit by the cozy corner of my home, with a book to read and a cup of hot chocolate.
My other half goes crazy if he sits still for more than 5 minutes.

I prefer to listen- most of the times.
He can talk and talk and talk from sun up to sun down.

I believe in: everything belongs in its place.
His motto? As long as it is there and you can find it.

I must sleep for at least 6-7 hours a day.
He can go without sleep for 48 hours flat.

I must eat at least 3 times a day. Not including the snacks I love.
He can survive on one meal a day. Sometimes none at all.

I prefer to walk away from an argument.
He confronts them.

I like routine.
Whatever comes his way, he’s game.

I worry about everything except money.
He worries about nothing except money.

I read John Grisham.
He reads Tom Clancy.

I am quiet and reserved.
He is loud and boisterous.

The list goes on. My point is this. We have almost nothing in common, except for the love we have for each other. And that totally beats me. Over the past 6 years, we have fought, cried, sulked, thrown tantrum, laughed, made up, dreamed, consoled, and whatever not. Maybe it is true what they say about soul mates. Was I lucky enough to find mine?

And if the past 6 years and counting wasn’t the result of true love, then I don’t know what is.

7 Comments:

Blogger Matty said...

how sweet :)

i like your blog too!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Well i dont totally believe as all my Xes are so compatable with me BUT in the end we dint end up till the end !!

So what if yours n honey are not compatible. U are celebrating many years of anniversary.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am a cancer, which means I should die alone and crabby becuase I'm such a bitch that no one will ever love me...and yet, I found True Love (ooh, look! capital letters! that means it's for real!) too.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Contrarian said...

I am an aquarius. Wooo! Go aquarius!

That's funny because my mom is a Taurus and we constantly yell and attempt to kill one another.

Meh.

11:30 PM  
Blogger christa said...

I, too, believe opposites attract. I married my husband, who is a man, and I am a female. You can't get more opposite than that.

11:20 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

haha, crista...i was thinking from a different angle, but i guess you are right too :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Raymond said...

Very sweet post.I feel Like I need to go on the prowl for my soulmate

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home