Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

a petition to GOD

Dear GOD, I know you are so very busy, what with handling thousands if not millions of queries, complaints and prayers about Katrina, Medan crash, poverty and whatnot, but I hope you can spare me a few minutes to go through and possibly grant me respite from my laments.

My request harms no one, but actually benefits many of your children. It can even save hundreds of lives everyday.

If you have been listening to me from 8.15 am to 8.50 am every Monday to Friday, GOD, you would know what I’m getting at by now. But, just so that we don’t have any misunderstanding, I have written it down for your reference.

I humbly request you, as the ultimate force of life, to grant common sense and brain to these people:

- to the moron who overtook me suddenly from the left lane to right without applying his signal light.

- to the moron who did apply his signal, but had his left signal on while actually turning into my right lane.

- to the moron motorcyclist who has no respect towards his own life and others on the road, and drives like a maniac without any safety consciousness.

- to the moron who turned into my lane without his signal light on and applied his brake immediately after.

- to the idiots who cut queue at the toll booths.

- to the jerk who double parks on a busy road and leaves his car unattended, causing a traffic jam.

- to the idiot who refused to move her car from the side of the road just because she was waiting for someone, even though there were many cars behind her waiting to pass through.

- to the rascals who slow freaking down to catch a glimpse of an accident scene, causing unnecessary traffic jam.

- to the “where-did-you-get-your-license” jerk who drives at 40 kmph on the fast lane.

- to the idiots who beat the traffic lights and cause accidents.

So you see GOD, as I said, should you grant my request, the world will be a better and safer place.

And I too need not get my pressure level high every morning.

14 Comments:

Blogger Queen of Cups said...

AMEN sister!

Argh, I can't stand traffic. So glad I started taking the train...

I have a feeling our prayer's are going to continue going unanswered :(

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God ? He's still around ? Or was it a she? Look around dudette, there is no God. Probably never was.
So, instead of fixing your mind over a fictional character, next time you meet this kind of situation, give those bastards the finger and stare at them.
Might just work.

10:59 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

traffic is a killer
dont let those MORONS kill u ..
LEt them b ok
I still want u here in SIngapore :)
*SMILE

12:10 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I think I saw some of those idiots just a bit ago. They are everywhere. How do some of these people retain their license

1:21 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Seems a reasonable request to me :)

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny post! I was laughing out loud at this one!

10:45 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

mel: Miraculously, it was a driving heaven today. not one bad word uttered, since no idiots crossed my path. wow.

amanda: thank you for visiting. and i meant that compliment :) you live near a beach? that is so nice. and oh dear, i guess i should start including you in my prayers soon!

anonymous: no can do. i believe in GOD.

darling: sigh. i wonder how much longer i can go on without banging my head on the steering wheel!

shakabuku: beats me! they are like infection, i think. spreading too quickly!

miladysa: i think so too. in fact, i think he actually heard me today :)

christa: :) since i cant do anything about them, i thought of amusing myself instead. lol. i`m glad you found it funny.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

That was hilarious. I'm so glad my commute to work is only 6 minutes, and sometimes that's too much!

11:33 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

librarian: six minutes! you lucky girl. i would give up eating chocolate for a day (only!) if i can work so close to home.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey! thanks for visiting my blog. it's nice to know i'm not the only sane person out there when it comes to driving! i got a kick out of your petition! i'll definitely be back!

1:02 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

releive pressure and masterbate! well, thats what i do...

1:57 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

nytro: thank you :) you can count on me to be a regular reader to your site as well!

laks: used to be? have you learnt more patience now?? :p

LDQ: lol. you had me laughing!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Driving anywhere even without traffic takes at least 15 mins for me - with traffic its 45 lol - am so used to morons - my theory on the way to work n back from it - they leave their brains back - so they're actually incapable of thinking!

9:59 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

visithra: agreed on the leaving their brains at home part. totally!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home