Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

me, the daring tomboy

I obtained my second scar when I was seven years old. My mom was still in her training college, and it was decided that would be better for me to stay with my grandparents. Which I absolutely loved, since they doted on me! Growing up as a pampered and favorite child/grandchild had its benefits. I gained my self confidence-a lot of it!-added with a healthy dose of arrogance.

So, after moving in with my grandparents, I was enrolled into a new school. Although I was a happy kid, I was still a bit of a loner. In fact, I don’t remember making any friends in that new school.

After a few days, a boy provoked my temper by doing something silly—which I can’t remember what—but as a result, I challenged him to a fight during recess at the school playground. Yup, I challenged him. I think the reason I did that was because growing up, my best, and only friend, was my cousin brother who is only a few months older than me, and we usually settled out differences by indulging in some extra-light weight boxing.

During recess, we had fists, arms, legs and feet fight. LOL. I remember sand, people cheering, blows being thrown…and the sudden appearance of our class teacher. By that time, I had managed to secure myself an impressive sized cut on my right knee. Although I thought I was a good fighter, I was just a skinny little gal trying to macho it up. I don`t remember if the boy was hurt, or not. But I am sure he didn’t have any cuts that bled because I was one who was taken to see the school nurse and given a lollipop while he had to stand in a corner of our classroom for the entire day. Ha!

That episode gave me some popularity among the students in my standard, and I was soon known as “the girl to be reckoned with”. It did not gain me any wonderful friendships though—but that might have been because I was not looking for it :)

6 Comments:

Blogger gP said...

Ahhh the good old days when girls beat up guys. Wher did u go to school uh? I remembered breaking a guys head. I threw a stone and it hit him smack on the head, alot of blood and then my bus came and I went home. The parents came visiting and well the rest is history...

I would say its things like this that buuld confidence in people. And ofcourse those wonderfull memories will flood back when our kids come back home with scars and battle wounds.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

haha! I love that you challenged him and he got in trouble. Being a girl came in handy for you!

3:55 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Excellent story!! I would rather be "the girl to be reckoned with" than "the girl who backed down!"

I have some monster scars from my tomboy existence too.. gives you character.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

hehehe love the story ;) u the gal! ;p hehe but agree with holli rather be the girl to be reckoned with ;)

i have tomboy tales too ;)

10:48 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

u remind me as a Primary tomboy as well
HIGH FIve
have some thing in common heheee

4:55 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

ghost: lol. you are right about these incidents being memories ;)

cheryl: lol. it sure did! i mean, you could hardly expect the teacher to believe that me, a quiet, sweet, skinny girl would challenge a boy!

holli: darn right!

visithra: i`m sure we`ll read about it soon ;)

darling: high 5!

amanda: LOL. you mean, "am"??

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home