Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

what will be the difference?

Ok…here’s the deal.
I’m 24. My sweetheart is 24. he is only about 3 months older to me.
We have been together for 6 years now.
He’s my first love, and vice versa.
Been staying together for nearly 5 and ½ years.

You would think we would know each other good and bad side by now right.

Wrong.
But that`s another issue we`ll dwell some other day.

Now, what do people expect of us after being together for 6 years?
Let me be more specific, what would my parents expect from us?

You got it. Yup, good old wedding.
I don’t mind getting married. In fact, we both realize it`s the next step. But will they give us a break?
I`m of a nice marriage age (to quote my gramma), but what about my darling?
To this day I think of him as my boy. He thinks he is still too young. I think he is still too young.

But that doesn’t mean we’re going to wait for another 6 years. No siree..

We plan to tie the knot (ever wondered why they say “tie the knot”??) next year.
When we`re both 25…I think that`s a nice, not so young, not so old age to get married…agree?


Lately, I cant help thinking.

What`s going to be different when we`re married? Of course, I will then refer to him as my husband instead of boyfriend…but, what else?

Oh yeah…the culturally legal right to have kids, that`s one.
But apart from that?

I have no idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger DARLing said...

Dont get married cox is the next step
WHat the right age? Is there one?

Get married when your 1st love still your last love.
Call it forever love then

4:45 PM  
Blogger Bridget Beth said...

Vowing to love someone eternally and to swear undying devotion until death do you part is one of the most romantic things I can think of. If you mean it for forever, why not? And about the age thing...pish tosh! I got married at 20 *gasp* and have loved every single moment of it, whether better or worse!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home