what? wait! i didn`t mean it!
Words. At times, I simply dislike them. They are our means of communication, yes, but they are also quickly misunderstood and nonretractable. Many times I have cursed myself for allowing words to pop out of my mouth without thinking. I think I should have either been blessed with a poker face, or with the ability to let my brain do the thinking instead of my heart. I realize that words can easily be misinterpreted, and can cause hurt although that was not the intention of the speaker. Me and my darn mouth.
picture courtesy of USDesi





















7 Comments:
"Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches."
But the one I like is-
"Words can make a deeper scar than silence can heal."
Yes, I like the poster.
Awful isn't it? I have my foot constantly in my mouth :(
I definitely hear you on this one. It'd be nice if we could take them back, I know there are a lot that I would.
Agreed.
Hi-- I just saw your comment on Vanathi's site where you asked her if you could use the verse on your site... I just wanted to let you know that verse is from the Bhagavad Gita and is an ancient Hindu text. It's akin to the New
Testament (if I may make such a bold analogy to illustrate my point).
I would suggest reading Eknath Easwaran's rendition, published by Nilgriri Press...or, better yet, there's a version of the Gita called "Jnaneshwar's Gita" which Swami Kripananda has translated into English. It's a bit harder to chew...but the rendering is heart wrenching. The entire Gita (song) is SO beautiful. I just thought I would share this info with you, because the Bhagavad Gita is one of my favorite all-time texts.
Blessings,
Bhakti
p.s. I've finally linked to you! :)
jah: i can certainly identify with the second quote!
queen bee: :)
miladysa: oh, tell me about it!
cheryl: i only hope i learn my lessons from all the incidents i wish i could have avoided.
kiki: :)
bhakti: thanks for linking me. i know that the verse is from Bhagavad Gita. i have the verse in Tamil version at home. i always have a hard time reading it in Tamil, so i found vanathi`s translation very useful :)
Post a Comment
<< Home