Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I think I’m way too polite

Otherwise I wouldn’t have eaten 2 large (and I mean large) crabs which still tasted raw on a Sunday afternoon.

I love food. Delicious food. Leave me alone on an island with books and food, and I’ll be a happy person.But raw food? Absolutely a no-no. not even half raw. You will never, and I mean ever, find me ordering rare or medium rare.

So, why did I eat it?

Well, what if you had a nice old lady (who everybody around her claims is a fantastic cook), cook for you Sunday lunch and serves you with a beaming smile?

Even if the gravy was too spicy and the crab still tasted raw?

What will you do?

I ate it. I can’t help it. And I could only manage a weak no when she offered to serve me the second huge crab.

I nearly cried.

But not even the nice old lady’s beaming smile could have made me eat a third crab.

Bad food always happens to me on Sundays.

There was another Sunday which saw me in a similar situation.

We (my sweetheart and I) got invited for a “nice Sunday breakfast” by our married friends (though I don’t much like the hubby). The hubby claims his wife is a fantastic cook (from now onwards, my “taste” buzzer will be on high alert for these fantastic cooks).

So, we wake up early, on a Sunday morning, dress pleasantly, and go over for breakfast, happily anticipating something nice to eat.

We had the most terrible, fish smelling gravy with our bread (some sort of bread, no idea what the heck it was).

The gravy not only smelt of fish, it tasted of raw fish as well!

And guess how many slices of bread I had to endure??

You got that right! 2!! What’s with bad food and 2 anyway?

Why can’t I just say no to a second helping of bad food?

6 Comments:

Blogger Solo said...

Hi, guess u have the same problem as me, we just cannot bring ourselve to say no to the kind souls.

3:11 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

*sigh* i think you got that one right

3:49 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Solo never reject kind soul and she never reject SALT as well..LOL

if u b there in Singapore.Me & Sole will organise a food gathering for u and TRUST me we meant good Meal means Real deilicious meal.

4:02 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

who could say no to a promise of a delicious meal? ;)

i`m going to hold you on that one, DARLing.

4:28 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Not a pbm romantic lady
be most welcoming u n your sweetheart

B my guest !
Eat to your heart content!

4:49 PM  
Blogger jenn marsala said...

Sundays are a tricky day to navigate through. The odds of eating bad food increase by 28.6% if the brunch/lunch/dinner party is held on a Sunday.

j

P.S.
Please join us for lunch next Sunday. I'm an excellent cook...

P.S.S.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Glad you liked it. Also, thanks for linking to me. You are awesome in every way!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home