Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

stay with your manly form, sweetie, because help is near!

It`s not easy buying jeans or pants for my sweetie. In my corner of the world nowadays, the trend seems to be where the guys are half the size of a medium sized girl. Even me, whom people call skinny, feel self conscious to stand next to these extremely thin looking males.

And they don`t at all look manly. Or cool. Indeed, a rather unpleasant term comes to mind whenever I see these boys. And men. Yup. The trend does not stop with teenagers. It had influenced many men over 21 as well. To make it worse, these men wear clothes which should only be worn by girls. Too tight pants. Too short shirts.

As it is, their butt is non-existent. To see it defiled in tight, crotch hugging pants/jeans has to be the most unflattering sight. Ever.

I know, I know. Some men are naturally thin. But, these men wear clothes which define their masculinity. Their jeans do not look like it should belong in the girls section of a department store!

Thankfully, my man has kept true to the manly form I love! Muscled chest, waist bigger than mine, and a well shaped butt. Lol. The only setback to having a 36 inch waist is when he needs new pants or jeans. Apart from that, my sweetie has a few requirements in his choice of pants/jeans. The cut has to be straight, and it must be long enough to cover three quarter of his shoes. In other words, his legs must have breathing space.

So even though we might be lucky enough to find pants/jeans which can fit his waist, it will be either in slim cut, or not long enough to satisfy him.

I was facing a dilemma these past couple of weeks, as we needed to get him new pants and jeans before next Friday, and I was at my wits end because we went to about 10 shopping malls to find some decent pants but were unable to. I think GOD decided to remind me of this existence when a mutual friend (who happens to be nearly 6’5 or 6’6) suggested a place where he buys his apparel from.

That was the best news I heard yesterday! So we have made plans to go shopping this Friday, since I will be on leave on that day. For the sake of sweetie, my painting can wait a little longer.


update: an hour ago, it was blazing hot. i was happy that my clothes will dry nicely and smell fresh and sunny. now i hear thunder. sweetie is not at home. i am sure my clothes will be drenched. when i move in to my condo, i`m getting a dryer. oh darn it. please don`t rain! at least until i get back home. grrrr.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Nice new template.

I am not into the thin men either. My husband is also a 36 inch waist, which is pretty average here so pants are abundant in his size. I have never seen such easeful shopping before!

4:11 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

thank you, jay.
and how lucky for you. shopping for my sweetie is a chore sometimes!

4:22 PM  
Blogger mariel said...

Hope it didn't rain ;)
ciao!

ps. sorry to ask.. but what is a condo?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I like my men manly! My husband and sons are not skeletons :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Raymond said...

Love the new template,cheers! I have a similar pants problem Im a 32 waist but I'm shorter than the average European so my trousers cover my shoes totally and sweep the floor

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like really thin men either. What excuse do I have when the man standing next to me rail thin and I am not? I love your new look by the way! It's great! Did you design it yourself or did you have someone do it for you?

4:14 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

There is something unsettling about thin men with no butts, really.

5:33 AM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

Women get the bad rep but isn't shopping with men such a chore sometimes?

7:15 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

mariel: it did rain, but someone pushed the clothes hanger inside, so my clothes were saved!
condo is condominium (lol. i like to use the short form for it).

miladysa: menly men! that`s the way they should be!

raymond: thanks :) think of it as civic service :) keeping the floors clean!

christa: my sentiments exactly! and thank you :) i designed it by myself. it is a default template by blogger, i just edited it here and there. if you are interested to know how to add the banner picture, just check out my source --> View --> source (if you are using IE).

cheryl: yeah. especially when they wear clothes that emphasizes their thinness!

jill: it definitely is! and they say we can`t make up our minds!

9:34 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Hey,

Me neither. I don't like men who are wafer thin or too muscular that their muscles look bigger than their head!
I wish people would think before doing smthin they think is fashionable, but does not quite agree with thier personality. Now dats unfashionable!!!
CLothes, i keep yo-yoing all the time,,,its infuriating sumtimes, but wht the hell!!!!!!

Cheers,
AquaM

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home