Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

the storm in me

Being in love is the most complicated thing in the world. You figure that you have figured your guy out, and out of the blue, you learn something new about him. Then you have to adapt to it. Of course, you don’t do it in the best of moods. To make it worse, he points out your new trait, and you begrudging accept that he too, is learning to adapt to your many moods. But still! Being in love is like eating Mexican food. Spicy, sweet, hot, cold, sizzles, pepper, red, orange, green. One moment you absolutely enjoy it. And the next you are throwing a tantrum because the taste is so unpredictable. What is it about this feeling? You want it, but sometimes you just want to strangle it. You cry, you laugh, and you sit through 3 hours to watch a lousy movie in the name of love. One moment you swear on your ancestors’ graves that you would not utter a single word to him, and the next you fling yourself to him and cling on for your dear life. You yearn for his warm embraces, but frustrated at the fact that you need it so very much. You want to control him, control his thoughts and actions, yet do not want him to change, because you were attracted to him because of his thoughts and actions in the first place. It’s a rollercoaster, making you dizzy, but you get on it again and again. It`s never black and white. Kaleidoscope. It`s thunder, and storm. It brings out the best and worse in both you and me. I don`t understand it. But I feel it. You love me. And I love you. But damn it`s complicated.

15 Comments:

Blogger Miladysa said...

Yes, you have it in a nutshell! :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Yes LOVE is a complicated thing and that also mean ONE complete

6:16 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

Makes one complete ~ type error !
Opps hahaaa

6:17 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

EXACTLY!!

(although I'm not in that place right now.. but I wish I was)

:)

8:03 PM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

I actually laughed aloud with complete recognition at the line "You want to control him, control his thoughts and actions..." It's like you are reading my mind.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you put that all into the words I have been searching for as long as I can remember! It all makes me feel so crazy! So very well put, nice work!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Beo said...

Love is actually catagorized as a mental illness. But, it's a nessasary one. As we are frightened that we may never get to love someone. It is as bitter sweet as it can get. The poem of life.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Excellent post!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post...

2:50 PM  
Blogger mariel said...

Hey I like the way the you picture out love.. I think it really fits!!!
We should have been given an instruction book!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Tyjen said...

love is crazy :) good luck, good luck.

9:39 PM  
Blogger sh said...

hey there, was just surfing about when i found your blog. been reading it for a while now :)

this entry is spot on, on all counts. can completely relate to it. :) good one!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You describe that so well. But if love were so easy, then it wouldn't be special.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Queen of Cups said...

SO TRUE.

And I'm here to tell you: marriage complicates it even more.

And sometimes it's so complicated, you wonder if it's love at all...

But when the day is done, you can count the number of bad times in your head, but can't begin to remember ALL the good times cause there are so many. And you watch him fall to sleep, sweet and innocent... and you remember why you love him, and why you are married.

Relationships take HARD work, sacrifice, and determination. And I hope when I am 90 years old that I will look back on my marriage and not regret putting my heart and soul into it all...

This post has really stirred some emotions up in me. I know exactly how you feel. Excuse me while I go gather my thoughts...

2:53 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

These words were exactly what I need to hear today. Thanks you for them. I totally totally hear what you are saying!!!!!!!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home