Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

i am who i am, but love me anyway

Yesterday I went to bed sulking. I was upset and frustrated. Don’t ask me why, because I would rather not talk about it. Suffice to say I felt much better after 5am. That’s when I realized that I can’t change the fact that I am merely a human, with every right to be annoyed, angry and depressed one second, and happy the next. That is life. And I am learning to adapt to it. Every moment that passes me by is a memory. Some I might remember, some I might not. That is another reason why I want to start a scrapbook. I want to document the moments which I think will make my children and grandchildren feel. I also realize that I need it for myself. Days when I feel mad at the world in general, I need to remember the people who made me happy. I think that is important. Yes, I worry, but those are my worries, and I will sort it all out in my mind in due time. I am blessed to have the love of a man, mum, father and sister who accept me as I am; crazy, weird, temperamental, stubborn, lovely and nice. I have love in my heart to love them as they are too. For that, I am thankful.

I can still sulk.

But they love me anyway.


15 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

:))) hugs its ok to sulk ;))

5:43 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

sometimes I just feel like Eeyore, you know, walking around with a cloud over my head. And you know what? Sometimes it's nice. I just want to be in a bad mood and enjoy it. Don't try to cheer me up, don't try to tell me I'm depressing to be around, just give me some space, and my rain cloud will go away soon enough.

but...er, umm, I have no clue how you feel.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

It's not life if you're not really living, so never be afraid of those moments.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I thought I left a post here earlier and the flowers were yellow? Maybe I am going crazy?!

Anyway, you are very special and unique SFO :)

3:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Well I totally agree.. and I have said (on more than one occasion) that if I am going to be sad or miserable.. I'm going to roll around in it, experience it - and live it. Then move on to the next thing.. because that is LIFE.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

This is a beautiful post, and so true. I know that feeling of one second feeling like you're on top of the world, and the next, wanting to hide forever under your covers. But all of this makes you who you are - and this is why your life is rich, and will continue to be so!

4:05 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

visithra: thanks :)

little miss: lol. that sounds just like me.

alive: not sulking any longer ;)

jay: yes, i have come to accept my moods as "moments in life".

miladysa: thank you very much for the sweet compliment, miladysa :) and i changed the flowers.

holli: hey i like all that rolling and experiencing and living part. nicely said, holli.

marissa: totally agree with you. and life can only get better!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Sometimes you just need a good sulk. As long as that's not how you are all the time, I say embrace it, and then you can move on.

10:20 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

cheryl: ewww, i don`t think i`ll like myself if i was to sulk all the time.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Wildefrost said...

Maybe I should be learning from you.

10:40 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

i do sulk too and i do have times of happiness too. we are afterall HUMAN.
Give u a hug , i love u as a friend

1:53 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

lauren: lol. i`ll make a lousy teacher ;)

darling: thank you, darling :) you are very sweet!

2:03 PM  
Blogger mariel said...

that what makes you more interesting... being a collection of different moods, feelings, emotions..
I like the idea of fixing on paper moments you feel are important and leave it for your children!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been coming to the same realization as you lately. Being sad, mad, happy, excited, nervous and all that jazz is just part of being human. We have the right to feel our feelings and not feel guilty for doing so.

12:15 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

jtg: i just read up on Stoicism, and i don`t think i can be a follower! i`m too emotional for that ;)

mariel: i`m going to start on it this weekend :) collecting my moods...

kiki: yes, that is what i have to stop doing as well, feeling guilty for my feelings.

laks: i`m happy that i look at it as half full most of the time :)

quicky: thanks for the compliment, and i`m sorry, but i don`t know any hot chicks in vancouver ;)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home