Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

my excitement

I am so very excited! Actually, I have been quite excited for a few days now. Why?? I think we will be moving to our own place by end of this year! Yippee!!! To those of you who have been reading my blog for quite some time now, you might remember a post where I wrote about my current housemate, and my dilemma dealing with the situation I was facing back then. I removed those two posts, for reasons I would rather not dwell on. So to my new readers, sorry but you just have to believe me when I say; I am glad I will be moving soon!

It won’t be to
here, for the obvious reason that it will only be completed sometime in 2008. The new place we are considering is also a condo. It is still quite new, not yet 1 year old. It is also about 1400 sq. 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms. It is quite spacious and nice. I saw the show unit last Sunday with sweetie, mum and sis. I loved it! Today my sweetie is taking his parents to view the actual unit we are considering to buy. Unfortunately, the appointment is set at 2.30pm, when I will be at work. But I will be viewing the unit this Sunday. I hope!

To our delight, the condo was built on a high rise area, so I will get a fantastic view from my unit. And it faces the pool! Gosh I feel giddy :p

There is also another condo which we saw last week. Though smaller (about 1100 sq), it is also quite cute. But I still prefer the bigger one.

One thing is for sure. We will be in our own home for New Year next year. I have dozens of ideas running through my head on how to decorate the place. I’m going for furniture shopping soon. Of course, I won’t buy anything yet, but I am going to make a list of the furniture that catches my eyes. And we also need to do a bit of renovation to the place, I think.

The only setback is that we can’t move in earlier. The unit was purchased last year, and the current owner rented it out to a family, whose tenure will only finish end of December. We can of course, request them to move out if we do buy the place, but well, they are also waiting to move into their own home by end of this year, and I am not so mean as to demand they leave the place immediately. I waited for ages, so what is 3 more months, eh?

But December can’t come sooner for me!

Lol. Can you guys feel my excitement?

14 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

Ah decorating this is gonna be fun ;)))

4:59 PM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

Congratulations! That's fabulous! A new place for your sweetie to leave your *new* towels laying on the floor! ;) I'm kidding.

That's really wonderful news, and a great way to start off the new year. See, you didn't have to tell me you're one cool gal? I already knew!

5:10 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I remember the excitement I felt when I bought my first place. Decorating, having friends over, and just being someplace new a great. Let the countdown begin

5:33 PM  
Blogger Queen of Cups said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!

Buying your first place is exciting and nerve-racking. I was never so happy when we finally settled on our townhouse. It's such a great feeling!

Your place sounds fantastic! Take pics on Sunday to share with us all!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new place! It really is fun to decorate and put everything in new places. The next three months are going to fly by. I wish you the best!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so much fun decorating and trying to find things that will "fit" into each room.

I just hate it when I can't buy everything at once. Darned money.

11:39 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

visithra: yuppeedee doo!

librarian: thank you. on both counts :) and in the new house, i think there will be some ground rules. and i think there will be something about towels ;)

shakabuku: lol. i can hardly wait!

mel: we haven`t even finalized the deal, and i am so excited. imagine when we do move in finally! i`ll be doing wheel carts, i think :p

amanda: hey, you like near the ebach. that got to count for something :) one day, i hope to live near the beach too..

christa: thank you. thank you. and i have a feeling the months will fly :) lol. but now, 3 months seem like 3 decades!

kiki: yeah, it would be better to just get it done once and for all, huh. i hope i can do that.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Congrats to you! It is always exciting to move to a new place and even better to be on your own (no more difficult roommates, except for the occasional tiff with the sweetie! ha!). So happy you are feeling happy!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

anne: thanks :) i`m sure you felt the same joy when you settled in your new home.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I am sooo excited for you. Do not forget the new ground rules though! Treat them mean, keep them keen - it works for me :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

SHOUT OUT LOUD here .... :)
I am so excited.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh I am so excited for you! I have my fingers crossed very tightly. December will come fast! I am also looking forward to December so maybe we can help each other through!

8:54 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

holy crap i wish i could help you decorate!!!!! i am so excited for you..and how sweet of you to not make them move out.

10:48 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

miladysa: lol.i`ll remember that :)

darling: THANK YOU!!!:p

laks: that`s more than enough :)

cheryl: are you moving to a new place too???

ldq: sure you can, ldq. if i`m at a fix at which furniture or color to choose from, i would appreciate your help :) and thank you. for the me being sweet part ;)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home