Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Monday, September 19, 2005

changes

I am not a big fan of changes. I settle easily. When changes are inevitable, I get cranky. Oh, I do not mean I like routine. That sounds so uncool. And old. I like surprises. Now and then. I wouldn’t say no to an unexpected romantic dinner, or a gift. Or a sudden hug. I love those. The ones I mean are those that hit me right in my face, disrupting my thoughts and life. Unwelcome. Uninvited. Like taking a different route to work. Why can`t I just take the route I have been taking for so long? I know what time to leave home. I know where the traffic lights are. How long the light will stay red. The traffic flow. I am comfortable because I am familiar. Then I find out due to the heavy rain, a tree has fallen and clean up will take some time. So I’m forced to re-route. I despise that. Why did it fall today, of all days? And why that tree, along that route? Then I wonder what on earth is wrong with me. People are homeless because of Katrina and all I can think of is the traffic jam? How lame can I get? Another example is this blog. I have designed so many new layouts, with graphics that I like. But I still keep a copy of this current template. As I know a few moments after publishing the new layout, I will re-copy the old template and republish that again. I just know. Because I know me. I only accept changes after lots of kicking and screaming. When am I going to learn to accept life as it comes and just live?

13 Comments:

Blogger DARLing said...

Everything happens for a reason.
HAving Routine have its cons/pros.

Make each day counts
you have 2 choice now
Smile and have a nice day
Gloomy and it thundered ....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

no worries take ur time - u just like peace ;)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

How I love your style! I know what you are saying - I can be like this at times too and then other days I can welcome change with open arms :)

5:27 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

:) hey relax, SFO. There are some things which you cant control like the tree falling and stuff. Just take it.

But yes, there are certainly many other things which nobody can take away from you like your work(i mean work not job :p), your passion. Just love it and you will never ever get worried about these uncontrollable parameters.

5:32 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

darling: i think i will go with the smile, eh. less muscles put to work that way ;)

visithra: lol. peace and control.

miladysa: isn`t the human mind just a jumble of puzzles? just when you thought you had it all figured out, something totally alien creeps into your mind and there goes another day of sleep. lol.

KN: that`s one thing i`m working on. worry. gee, i think i worry about a million things in a day!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Vinesh said...

Hey, nobody likes change, especially if the going's good. Sometimes we are forced to like it because there're no choice!

About the chocolate is fattening comment... small confusion... sorry about that! :-) It was indeed your blog I left the comments on :-)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Everyone is resistant to change in some way. It's uncomfortable. Just take your time, and don't beat yourself up over it. When you're ready for things to be different they will be. Including your blog.

1:21 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I am the same way. Change is bad. Different is tolerable, but a total change will get me kicking and screaming

6:32 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

laks: haha. if i followed my passion, i`d be a homemaker now! ;)

vinesh: lol. sometimes i adore choices, sometimes i don`t. my life story ;)

cheryl: yeah, i can do that :) just take my time.

shakabuku: lol. glad i`m not the only one.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

Some change is good, some is bad. Feel free to complain about traffic and fallen trees. It's your blog! Be true to your feelings. Just don't get wrapped up in the little "bad" things so you don't enjoy the good things.

10:45 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

lib: ah so true. well, i had a fabulous time doing some little shopping with my sweetie after work, so i guess i wasn`t so wrapped up in my frustration :)

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's certainly ok to not like change. I am excited to see your new template when you decide to change it though! Change can be fun and exciting too, in small, controlled doses!

11:17 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

christa: lol. agreed with the "small, controlled doses".

amanda: aww, i bet you can`t stay cranky for long though, with that sweet angel of yours.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home