Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Friday, October 14, 2005

an eventful night - part 1

I am really not very good at saying NO without guilt to people whom I like. Definitely not.

Yesterday, after reaching home from work, I ate two slices of chicken pepperoni pizza. I was feeling very full after that. Then my sweetie came home with our friend and suggested we go shopping.

Even though I had planned to enjoy a quite evening at home, I said yes. I mean, who can say no when your sweetie says the magic word “shopping”? Not me, dudes!

We bought a palm (Life Drive), a
watch and some other stuff.

Then our friend asked me if I have had my dinner.

I knew then that he wanted to treat us to dinner, and if I had said yes, he would have dropped us home and gone his merry way. But I also knew he wanted me to say no, so that we can all have dinner together. It was one of those moments when my brain went overdrive and had so many thoughts running through and reasoning, or lack of it, was done within a few seconds.

Ms. Brain: [say yes! say yes! Remember, your stomach is full!]
Me: [meekly] No. Not yet.

An hour or so later, I found myself sitting in front of a large table laden with food enough for six or seven people instead of a mere three.

And guess who gorged herself until her stomach threatened to burst out of her jeans because she simply could not bring herself to say no every time her host said “please have more”?
Bingo! It was none other than yours truly.

As I guessed, the food was too much for the three of us. And I do not like to waste food. Especially if someone else is paying for it. And I knew our friend would have felt bad if we did not eat well. Have you noticed how people get satisfaction when you eat the food they bought or cooked?

I have many acquaintances, but not many whom I consider friends, in the real sense. But those whom I do, I go out of my way to not hurt their feelings. So I guess yesterday’s dinner was just one of the things you do for someone you quite like.

And with a name like Dolly Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern, can you guys blame me??

12 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

hehehe funny last note.

well i would have said ive had something but dont mind joining as long as u promise not to stuff me ;p

2:09 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

I find myself doing those obligatory deeds quite often, not that that's a bad thing...I figure people oblige me without seeming patronizing, so it all evens out.

At least you got some good food, right?!

; )

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh I've been there too.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Beo said...

I would have said that I already ate, but that's just me.

You were nice enough to oblige everyone else, and that can be a good quality.:)

And yeah, why do people feel the need to see you finish their food? I'm always happy when people can't eat anymore because I see future lunches and dinners!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

LOL! Yep, been there too :)

Have a lovely weekend Dolly!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm not good at saying 'no' or turning down food in any way, shape, or form, so I would've been right there with you.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Dolly Hamwich, holy cow! I have been in that very situation myself, and I too feel it rude not to eat...blech.

1:15 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

um, my grandmother used to have magnets with our names on the refrigerator.. you were either a member of the "clean plate club" or you were out.. no wonder everyone in my family gets freaked out about meals. my mother isn't happy until you're about to vomit at the table.

2:43 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

I too would have the same before one month. But not now. The over-weight thingie runs in my mind subconsciously almost all the time. :))

10:21 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I would definitely have been doing the exact same thing. At least you got to bond with your friend. And have (more) good food!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok to overindulge sometimes! Hope you are feeling less full at the moment!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Thaozee said...

I can never say no to free good food. It's free and it's good food!!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home