Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

am i that irresistable?

S is the kind of person I wish I had never met. I do not particularly like S. Nope, not one bit. I go out of my way to avoid talking to S whenever we cross paths.

Now S has invited me to an engagement party. Even before S finished the "please come to my party" speech, I already had a few genuine sounding excuses running through my head.

Now I just need to decide when will be the best time to call S and express my regret for not being able to attend the function.

Should I do it on the day itself? When S is sure to be busy, and will only listen to my reason halfheartedly? That way, I can make it sound like due to an unfortunate and sudden circumstance I am unable to make it.

Or should I call S a day or two before and act out my excuse?

I wish S had taken the many hints I have thrown along the way during our forced conversations that I do not particularly enjoy our acquaintance.

Oh how I wish I had not received an invitation to that event!

13 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

call early on the day ;) good luck in getting out of it ;)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Awful S!

Personally I would let S know asap - that way it is not hanging over you - because I know you, you will be fretting about it until you let S know that you will not be attending - won't you? :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I agree with miladysa. Put it out there right away and then forget about it

9:26 PM  
Blogger mariel said...

I'm on the "call him asap" party.. at least him/her will not blame you for riuning the table arrangement if there's any!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the advice given above as well. Do it now, get it over with. I hate it when things hang over my head for days leading up to the event.

10:55 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

do u know that i never reply to my gf when she invite me ?
i wonder how she felt ? is not tat i dont like her but i dont like hers HIM.
hehe
same Situation har good friend

11:21 PM  
Blogger jocey520 said...

I say call ASAP, I hate when I get invited to things I do not want to attend. Can you figure out when S will not be home and leave a message, then you will not have to even speak to S...I always take the cowardly way out.

11:53 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I don't know if you consider this to be a toxic friendship.. because I haven't read about "S" in your previous posts.. but I know the guilt in letting those go. Sometimes you have to do what is best for your own mental health..

Just leave a message - and if you don't feel like giving a reason, you don't have to. If she presses for one - then full on give her your feelings. Sometimes people don't really want to know the real answers to their questions.

12:06 AM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

I agree: put it out there so you can forget about it. Kind of like ripping off a bandaid. It only hurts for a second. (Though, I'm guilty of analyzing and over-analyzing things myself. Such a hypocrite, I am.)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Beo said...

Me, I'd let S. know on the day of the event. He'll be too busy, and if he was too dense to realize your hints, then who really cares.

I have an S. person I dislike as well.:)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I have a VERY similar situation that I'm in! Only rather than S., mine's N.! But the details are the same right up to the blasted invitation! What are we to do?! Good luck!!

1:39 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

thank you all for the advice!

miladysa, you do know be quite well ;) i have been thinking about it on and off everyday!

marissa, i am going to inform S a day before the function!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I think a day or two before is a good idea. It's weird how some people just don't get it when people don't like them, isn't it? I on the other hand think people don't like me...

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home