why must this happen to me now?
- bad cold.
- non stop sneezing.
- phelgm.
- difficulty in breathing.
- blocked nose.
- sore throat.
- feel like a dried leaf.
- have to skip lunch to go to the clinic.
that`s me. i just want to go home and sleep. but i can`t. i have tons of work to do. even if the doctor gives me MC, i doubt i will use it. as i`ve already applied for leave next week. i will be away for one whole week. i cannot leave my work now. by all that is beautiful and sweet, why me, now?!
update:
" it is bacterial infection". the doctor told me.
"you`ve got a very bad cold", he added.
truth be told, i knew all that before going to him. he gave me some yukky looking medicine. i don`t like big tablets. yuk yuk yukky. he assured me the liquid drops he gave me will clear my nose immediately. i sure hope so, docky!
the hardest part of today is having to go to the ladies everytime i want to blow my nose. and i mean really blow it. with all that "hrrrrrrrr" sound. i hope my colleagues don`t think i`ve got a bad case of food poisoning or something!
i am not going to take the medicine now, since i only have water with me to swallow the tablets with. and i can`t do that! ah-ah. it makes me want to gag just thinking about it.
i have dinner with friends tonight. i can only hope it doesn`t rain and i don`t look a mess later. *sigh* being sick in not nice.





















18 Comments:
Get well soon. No wonder I haven't seen you in a while. Have a lot of citrus based fruit juices although fruits are better than fruit juices.
Here is another suggestion. This is tough, but you will certainly be up and about..
Mix ginger juice (crush fresh ginger to make it) with lemon and sugar. Dilute this potion wiht water. Have it twice a day. It will burn your throat a little. So have it in small sips. But this ginger-lemon mix will clear your stomach and your cold in general.
Have soups with a pepper and lime base to it. Ill blog it for u!!!
Get well soon!!!!!
:))
AquaM
Get well soon!My secret is take lots of chilli dishes ,they clear the nose completely,trust me on this!
Yeah,if it makes you feel any better,yes I think your colleagues think you have a bad case of food poisoning,but if someone else farts don't you dare let them all stare at you ,expose the punk exploiting the situation to frame you
aquaM: thank you for the suggestion. i will definitely try it later. anything to get rid of this cold!
raymond: thank you, sir, as i do feel much better knowing my colleagues will probably think it has something to do with my digestion! but fear not, i will expose anyone who tries to put the blame on me!
Love the soundeffects, hun. I do hope you are up and feeling better soon- dried leaves have no fun at all.
Sounds like you have what I have. It feels like my face is melting. Am currently gorging myself on chinese tv serials and taking as much medicine as I can. A long weekend is coming up and I want to be fit for going out. Goodluck with it
Darn - I hope you feel well enough to enjoy dinner with your friends. Feeling yucky is well.. yucky!!
get well soon. I hope u r by now with after all the medication from doc and all those online concern and all those online herby medication.
Spore too ~ is down with virus of flu cough fever. So scare!!
Drink a glass of honey before u go to sleep and after u wake up early in the morning to prevent lost of voice.
WIshing speedy recovery
That sounds dreadful!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Try some hot tea for your throat and make sure you get lots and lots of vitamin C.
Or a hot toddy.
At least you aren't so sick next week though. Maybe mash up the pills if you can. It's still medicine, only not as big.
You will get better soon. I promise
Oh I hope you get better soon!
Hey. How would you like to be an affiliate with inLove Clothing?
check it out here. www.inloveclothing.com
I love your stuff... get back to me. chriskalani@hotmail.com
bye!
thank you all SO much for the well wishes, suggestions and advice! i really appreciate it. i wanted to write a post about sweetie, but i don`t know if my brain is up to it ;)
First of all, take your medicine! The sooner you do, the sooner you'll feel better. Call a pharmacist to find out of you can crush the pills and take them in ice cream. Sometimes you can!
Second, colds are not bacterial infections, they're viruses, so I don't have a clue what your doctor was talking about. I'm assuming he gave you antibiotics, which you should take either way because most viruses cause mucus to pool and that gets infected anyway. Take the antibiotics because they should help within 24 hours of starting them!
Third, I agree with the Vitamin C, and it helps preventively as well for infections. However, you're head deep in this one so it might not help much. Zinc helps as well, but watch that you don't take too much because zinc toxicity is worse than the infection.
Okay, I'm done playing doctor. Hope you feel better real soon!
Awww have some hot soup n u shouldnt have missed lunch - eating properly will get u well sooner or at least feel better - get well soon dearie ;)
Hot milk with honey and a hint of mint is good for sorethroat-- early night in bed with a warm duvet and sweetie cuddling.. good for all the rest!!
Get well soon!
ps. I do the same hiding in the ladies to blow my nose - so noisy ;)
What a coincidenc? I am here with that dreaded amoebic infection. I swear bacterial infection is much better than this. (i know it sounds so stupid to make comparison b/w diseases... :P) But it does help that i am reading Lance Armstrong's story these days. And i am sure you will agree what we are facing isnt as yucky as the one lance faced.
Hope we both get well soon. :)
Aw sweetie, you'll be better in no time.:)
Post a Comment
<< Home