i will not love my neighbor
Seriously, I do not see how I can even stand being in the same room as my selfish, snobbish and inconsiderate brute of a neighbor. I don`t see a reason how even liking him can make me a good person.I think I have already secured a place in heaven just by not knocking him in the head with my baseball bat. Yet.
Moral and social obligations always manage to put me in a tight spot. I always manage to make up my mind based on first impressions when it comes to people, and it takes time for me to even consider changing my mind. Which if I am honest enough to admit, very seldom happens.
I also have a pretty strong opinion on what I consider right and wrong. I am glad I can control my actions based on my beliefs. But I am quite frustrated that I cannot control my thoughts. Sometimes I think that what I think is pretty wrong, that my creator does not appreciate my line of thinking. Then I think “what the heck, he is the supreme power, thus it is quite his fault for even making me think like this”.
At times, I think it would be better and easier on my soul if I am an atheist.
Now I feel bad for even thinking that!





















7 Comments:
heavy stuff.
there has been times when i wanted nothing more than to not forgive, and then i ran up against the command to forgive. i asked why, and the response i found somewhere in the Bible was "because my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not yours. they're higher". that was immensely annoying, i must admit, eventually i figured out what to do with my situation. may you do the same with yours.
I think god probably gets frustrated with people too sometimes.
misha: that is a beautiful quote. *sigh* i do no need anybody to complicate my life, as i do it fine myself.
jay: lol. that`s an interesting way to look at it.
I go thru that sometimes, too. Sometimes my thoughts are just so bad I think "uh-oh, am I gonna go straight to hell just for thinking that...even if I don't act on it?!" Well if that's the case, at least we'll go there together right?! :)
gone are the days of wonderful neighbours who cared for u - its dog eat dog life ;) just ignore ;)
You're human and therefore imperfect. Don't worry about that kind of thing. Your faith isn't what makes you a good person -- you just are a good person. And thinking bad thoughts, contrary to some beliefs, does not make you a bad person. An intelligent being can think and decide what is right. If you just did what your religious leaders told you to, how would that render you a better candidate for Heaven? Thinking and choosing to do right is what it's all about. Isn't that a huge part of religion? Free will?
Just imagine if you weren't allowed your thoughts. Imagine the kind of ticking bomb you'd be. Yes, you should embrace your thoughts and get them out without harming anyone. Talking, blogging, etc. Don't beat yourself up. You're more right than you think.
is ok u can try to love me hahaaaahha
not your neighbour !!
Post a Comment
<< Home