Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

one of those moments

Have you ever had those moments when you have absolutely no idea who on earth is that person staring back at you out of the mirror?

I had one of those creepy moments this morning. It started out innocently enough, with me combing my hair and thinking how pretty my new dress looks today.

Then bham! I was like “who the hell are you?” Who am I? What am I doing here? Why am I here? Who is “I”? Is “I” the face that is staring back at me? Waitaminute…Me? What the heck is “me” anyway.

I was totally baffled. Am I Mr.So and so`s daughter? A sister? Lover? Is that how I am defined? Is my soul just occupying my body? This body? For how long? What happens after?

I believe in God and re-birth and heaven and hell and karma. I also believe that once my karma is all done, I won`t be born again. Hey, does that mean my current existence is because my sins were not completely washed previously? Did I serve hell time? What is hell? Oh my god, who can answer me???

As I was stupidly staring at the familiar yet totally strange face in the mirror, I calmed down listening to the gentle flow of the small water fountain we have in the room.

And all was back to normal. The moment was gone. I accepted my life as it is. Some questions cannot be answered. And maybe better left unquestioned.


2 Comments:

Blogger N/A said...

Always question. The only stupid question is the one left unasked. And the one about one hand clapping. That's just idiotic.

The Benjamin D. Singer Experience for the Ladies

12:23 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I am on the same page with you for this one. It is comfortying to know those moments happen to others!

How about when you hear your own voice on the answering machine, now that is weird!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home