Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

to tell or not to tell--that is the question

My sweetie reads my blog. I think he reads on it on days when he needs his ego stroked ;)

He has mentioned the word “blog” a few times now during conversations with my parents. Just casual remarks like:

“She spends so much time writing in her blog”.

“Yeah, she prefers writing in her blog about all for love and all instead of reading that programming book I gave her”.

No worries about my dad. He won’t even remember the word. But my mom--she is a different case altogether. Say it a couple of times, it can slip her mind. Mention it the third time, and she is sure to do a yahoo search on it. What if she finds mine??? Then she will tell my dad, and before I can say ka-boop, both of them will be reading my blog!

There was a time when I was tempted to tell my mom about my blog, since she is cool and all, but my sis has warned me that if I do, I would have to remove the link to her blog from mine.

I`m freaked out!

Not that I write anything nasty or of bad taste, but seriously, having my dad reading posts such as
this?? No freaking way. I just have to tell sweetie not to EVER mention the b word in front of them again.

EVER.


(until I change my mind)

22 Comments:

Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

smiles. i am sure your sweetie will understand your concern.

great photo!!! i really like your
blog. i followed your link here after reading nayan's blog!

keep up the good work!

kerry

1:39 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

ah so he reads the blog ;) u told him or he found out?

i told my friends they read occasionaly ;)

but my bro might discover one day my mom is not net savvy bless her ;) so crossing my fingers they dont yet ;)

3:12 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

kerry: thank you, thank you! :)

visithra: well, when i first started, i told him i have a blog, but didn`t tell him the url. then my dear sis used his laptop and opened my blog page and left it at that..and he saw it and read it. nowadays he reads it about once in a week or once in two weeks.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

hehe... my bro told my Mom that I blog and stuff... and my Mom often wonders what is so interesting abt this "blogging" .. hehehe....

You should tell ur sweetie to keep mum abt this.. And I'm sure if he reads it, there is no harm.. :) He'll only realize how lucky he is and how much you love him :)


Cheers!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

hehehe..... no one knows ma blogging....**MA IS A FREE BIRD** .....


Cheers!
:)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Lol..Nice post..:)

And well as for me..I am big on keeping ma blog a secret from people i know out of the virtual..hehehe..:P TElling them would just stop me from giving my full self when writing my heart out..I feel..Don;t wanna feel restricted. But after a wonderful time with all the other bloggers' comments and blogs i am starting to open up..!!haha..they jsut get to peek but not the know the link..hehe..:P but maybe someday they will get the link.Till i am ready at least:)

Good post...:)

4:35 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

icy: oh he knows alright ;) lol..but he did try to justify his actions to me the other day after reading the all-for-love-part-6 post :)

vishnu: lol. sometimes that`s good! you can write about anything!

my_unveilings: thank you :) lol. imagine how suprised your friends will be once they read! my mom sure will be suprised to read some of my thought ;)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Parents are strange creatures, best when kept at arm's length.

5:05 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

hi still :P

well well..i must say my parents aren't net savvy..but i told them about my blog anyway (only about the blog, not the content)..apart from that, yea..i got my bf (i think it should be ex-bf) reading it everyday, every post, every comment..so, he basically know all of my blog buddies!..hmm..and my auntie & sis reads it occationally

btwn, nice meeting you

hugsss

=am000nie=

7:14 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

my mom never gets it...blog..writing...ur online journal..i have tried a million explanations...but ain't working!!
:)
AquaM

8:19 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 PM  
Blogger radiantbear said...

My parents dont know that I blog.. And I just hope that they dont find out..
If they do.. consider me dead!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Fursat said...

No body in my real life knows that i blog...

and i dont want it to share with anyone becoz its really close to my heart and personal..

thanks for ur visit at my blog n kind words :)

God bless u !

11:11 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Difficult!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

hmmm, maybe that's a good idea.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When in doubt...keep the alias and stop mentioning that four letter word around the family!

7:56 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

jay: LOL.

amutha: nice meeting you as well :) i only have my sweetie, my sis, and 2 of my friends reading it. but i think pretty soon a few of my good friends will be reading it as well :)

aquaM: lol. i think if my mom finds blogger, she will create one of her own :) she is quite a writer.

nanyaar: hi. thanks for visiting! i am quite curious to read your blog now since the consequences if your parents find out are so dire!

neetie: you are most welcome :) i really enjoyed reading your poems.

miladysa: you can say that again!

cheryl: lol...you think so?

bhakti: lol..yeah, another four letter word to be avoided!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Ugh - my parents read my blog! And my dad will throw things I write in my face. "Marissa the reason you don't have a boyfriend is because you wrote (insert whatever it is I wrote) on your blog!" or "Be careful what you say on that thing or you'll never get a job again!" It's unnerving!

11:36 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

OH sometimes how i wish that my parents are ADventours enough to read mine . so they understand me more .......
Ghees

9:59 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

This whole blogging thing still throws me for a loop sometimes. I usually write things with someone in mind reading them. Not always the same someone, different someones. And then I remember that a specific person reads it and it freaks me out for a second because I don't know if they've seen the side of me that wrote the post. Confusing? Yes. But true.

11:37 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

marissa: lol..i`m afraid such thing swill happen to me too if my parents were to read my blog!

susubala: hi! thanks for visiting :) you are right about parents being possessive. and worry! should i write a post saying i`m upset, i`m sure i`ll get a dozen phone calls from them!

darling: lol..have you told them about it??

renee: i understand what you mean. i have a couple of friends who read my blog, and sometimes i wonder what they think of me writing such posts with censor.

9:29 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

i told them >> NOPE !!
haaaaa

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home