pest pest pest
What will you do if you see a cockroach running across your room?
I’d kill it. And I did. Amidst my sister’s gagging sounds and horrified reaction. She was disgusted that I would do it. I don’t know why she was even surprised.

I hate insects of all kind. They make me feel all yukky. Of course, if these insects keep themselves well hidden from my view, or better yet, just out of my house and life, my world will be a better place.
Swatting them with the nearest object (which I don’t mind throwing away) is almost like a natural reaction when I see them.
Yeah, I know that they are also GOD`s creation and have every right to live on this earth and all that, but I simply can’t sleep knowing there is a cockroach terrorizing my space.
There has to be a law banning insects from occupying human homes. Or at least inside homes where they are most definitely not welcomed.
At least I’d stop increasing my sins.
I’d kill it. And I did. Amidst my sister’s gagging sounds and horrified reaction. She was disgusted that I would do it. I don’t know why she was even surprised.

I hate insects of all kind. They make me feel all yukky. Of course, if these insects keep themselves well hidden from my view, or better yet, just out of my house and life, my world will be a better place.
Swatting them with the nearest object (which I don’t mind throwing away) is almost like a natural reaction when I see them.
Yeah, I know that they are also GOD`s creation and have every right to live on this earth and all that, but I simply can’t sleep knowing there is a cockroach terrorizing my space.
There has to be a law banning insects from occupying human homes. Or at least inside homes where they are most definitely not welcomed.
At least I’d stop increasing my sins.
And now I wonder if Bhakti will still think that I am a lovely person…





















42 Comments:
I hate lizards..but i cant imagine swatting them..ewww
If I ever saw one in my house, I'd just move.
jeeezzzz how can you do something like that!!!!!!!!
as i'd written in one of my posts ... am really scared to kill insects ... or any animal for that matter (fyi am a vegetarian coz of tht as well) ... ma granma used to tell me not to ... and once i remember ... i'd killed 2 ants yeah ... and then the same night i dreamt of ant ghosts! :-S
Since then it's a pledge to never kill a living being intentionally!
mayb u can put up a board
'Trespassers will be squished'
:D
I scream out... MOOOOOMMMMMYYYY! and she comes running to my rescue :D
There has to be a law banning insects from occupying human homes. Or at least inside homes where they are most definitely not welcomed.
You shud start training ur Antennae-creatures on how to read the laws.....I did that last year...now I dont find any in ma apartment...
ITs a tedious processs....but results are fruitful...and I mean Good fruits...yummy yummmy ;)
If i see a cockraoch a mile away I would run and run and never come back. that's also a reason why i hate hawkers stalls...sometimes you'll be happy eating then the guys will drop in...arrrghhhh...
But we cant ban them, we took their space remember...
Ok...of to Fear factor...lets see them eat that Cave Spider once more....
Hey,
I thought cockroach are charming creature.They are so small and cute.
Nahhhhhh Just kiddin.Me also hate all kinda insects.Have a small lizard in my room for past 2 days.Just waiting for the rite moment ;););)
Oh dear, Oh dear...I don't have coachroahes in the climate I live in. But, I get spiders in my house& bees. I scoop them up on paper or under a glass & talk to them as i put them out-of-doors.
My crazy religious mother told me when I was little that God told her not to harm any insects, & insects would not harm her, so...
Even tho I am not religious, I feel guilty killing them. I really think of insects as creatures worthy of life. Besides, I played w/insects alot as a kid.(I
didn't have any toys) They don't give me any creepy feelings.
I told my own children, It is bad karma to kill them for no good reason. I tell them that if they kill an insect, they will stub their toe or get a tummy ache or something, not so bad; insect size bad karma.
P.S. Just asked my 24 year old daughter if she still obeys this rule. She said last night she saved a spider from burning up on a piece of wood. LOL
Don't worry too much. You'll prob. just trip on the side-walk or slam your finger in the cupboard door, then your 'sin' will be absolved.
I don't think cockroaches apply to the beauty of God's creation. They are evil.
No one cares about bugs. Even crazy animal rights activists wish all bugs were dead.
i really like your layout :)
great blog
EWWWWWWWWWWW roaches scare me so much! If u wanna kill me show me a roach..lol...cos Im that frightened of them!
**There has to be a law banning insects from occupying human homes
LOL hahaha!
Well I wouldnt even go near one so na I cant kill any of em..lol...if I see one, I'd run 500miles and someone better get rid of it if they want me back home :(
Keshi.
This reminded me of a girl scout trip from hell. There were crickets in the tent and spiders in the bathroom. The other girls were so petrified that they refused to go either of those places until the insects were gone. I guess it didn't occur to them that there would be bugs in the WOODS. The ending of this great story is that I had to kill the bugs so I wouldn't have to listen to their complaining anymore and instead I suffered through 2 days of endless talk about makeup and clothes. And this is why I have a long standing grudge against the Girl Scouts.
You have a really nice blog btw!
It's really bad to kill them like this. Use some Spray to keep them away.
Happy Eid.
I hope you 're doin' good.
God bless you.....
OH my gosh--this post is SO funny!!! While reading it, I was thinking of a time when I first moved to NYC: I lived on 24th street, in a fairly nice apartment (with three roommates!). One day, we saw this HUMONGOUS roach crawling from the kitchen towards our bedroom. I was SO GROSSED OUT! I got a phone book and dropped it on the sucker. I left the phone book there, ontop of the poor guy. The next morning, I lifted up the phone book--and the sucker WALKED AWAY!!!!! No joke!!! I scooped him up in a glass and put him outside--I figured he deserved to live!!
Anyway--then, I get to the end of the post and see my name!!! Let me tell you something--I've saved MANY a mouse from certain death, while living in the East Village. If I had a tiny mouse in my apartment, I would do whatever I could to catch it, and then I would put it outside. I even did this once at three in the morning! I had a mouse stuck in one of my guitar amplifiers! I went outside with my roommate and made him open up the amplifier to let the mouse go. He was SO mad at me!!
However, let me make it very clear--whenever I saw a roach I killed it. I would PRAY to GOD to forgive me...but I can't STAND roaches. I just can't. That's one of my weaknesses, I know. But I'm guilty. I can only hope that all of the roaches I've crunched to death have come back as something a little more loved, like a cute little mouse, or something.
I know that's awful, but it's the way it was when I lived in NYC!!!
:(
PS I SCREAM at my nephew when he tries to kill ants. Am I a hypocrit??? :(
OOPS@! ONE more thingy:
Since spending the last 5 years doing major spiritual tapas...I don't know if I would be able to kill a roach. Seriously. At the same time, I don't live in NYC. I live in New Jersey--and I NEVER kill even spiders. And, like I said above, I don't like to kill ants, either.
There's something about roaches that I just don't like. I think it's the fact that they wait until dark to come out. They're sneaky. And they make a sick noise when you hear them walking across the floor in the middle of the night ('glad I don't live in the East Village tenament anymore!!)
Okay--it's bedtime. Sweet dreams!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I remember seeing one in my friend's pepsi bottle during a school party.
Eeeek, she was about to take a sip, when it cool'ly came out of the bottle and smiled at all of us.
I am reminded of Arnold Vosloo biting one bug in 'The Mummy'. OOaakk !!
hehehe my friends just did a run away from one a metre away in a busy restaurant - waiter n me were laughing our heads off ;)
by restaurant i mean the one on the streets ;)
I would freak out!
'It' would have to be removed in a glass.
I squash them without a thought.
all cockroaches are to be smushed. end of story.
(I just hate the crunch sound it makes when you get it!)
bhgaoahfjoife!
--that's me shaking off the image
I suppose most of you are unsavable, when it comes to cockroaches.
Perhaps, you sould of read a nice childrens book about a nice cockroach family. Or maybe a Wait Disney film would of helped;
Imagine the poor immigrent cockroach family, mother, father & boy &girl stow away on a ship to come to America..... You'd
have grown up w/warm fuzzy feelings toward them instead of HATE! & smashing & sqwishing,thots!
I once saw in a book, cockroahes dressed up in little clothes. they are quite cute.
GAH - I can't stand the crunching noises.. I have goosebumps right now.
Years ago I had a baby mouse in my house and I didn't know what to do - so I threw a towel over it and ran like hell to the nearest door. There's a ridiculous story that goes with this, but the point is.. what do you do with a furry animal? Surely you don't smash it?? Bugs - in my world.. yes. Furry four-legged beings. I just can't do it. sigh.
shikha: i have never killed a lizard either ;)
jay: i can never be peaceful until i get rid of it!
cheesy: lol. i try not to kill any if i see them outside the perimeters of my house.
varkey: lol. good idea. i`ll let you know if it works!
icy: i used to do that when i lived at home :)
arz000n: lol. if i am ever successful in teaching them, i will let you know ;)
coolvir: for a moment there, you had me speechless ;)
l>t: i believe in karma and all, and i do feel a little guilty for killing them, but yuk! i simply can`t let a roach live in my house! and i have no idea how to trap these creatures instead of killing them.
cheryl: and ugly..
chris: i just want them out of my life..;)
joey: thank you for your kind and lovely words!
Keshi: lol. i used to be the same--running away from them and wait for someone else to kill them. but after moving out of my parent`s home, i had to get rid of them myself.
cinefille: yay for you for being the brave one! thank you for the sweet compliment :)
boxin` champ: huhm..spray them till they faint then throw them away?? but won`t they die anyway?? ;)
bhakti: oh nice for you not to have to deal with them anymore. if they dont come into my life, i wouldn`t even dream of kiling them!
anck su namum: yeewww..i will freak out if that happens to me!!
visithra: hawker stalls?? ;) that is a normal sight here, huh. i have even seen rodents running away freely around these stalls.
miladysa: glass?? how do you manage to trap them?
renee: lol. we are on the same boat then.
LM: i hate that crunch sound too. and that disgusting yellow thingy that comes out of their butt. yuk.
l>t: cockroaches? cute? ;)
holli: huhm..i have not killed any furry animals, like mouse. i guess i will throw a towel over it, bundle it, then throw it outside, far far away from my house. and i`d throw the towel too ;)
shay: rodents are ugly too ;) lol. but i don`t kill them as they are much bigger than roaches.
only lizards give me the shrieks.. cockroaches seem harmless when compared to lizards.. eeks!
Oh Godd
HELPPP !
i entered the rong room
-Saby the pest
i HAte flying ones !!
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
eclectic: both are ugly ;)
saby: lol. welcome anyway ;)
darling: yeeewww..ugly and can fly? i wish i never have to come across one in my house again!
I am most unlucky with bees and hornets. They like to come to me, don't know why... Got stung once by just sweeping my hair (there was a bee flying near my head, and hence I accidentally hit it......). boo hoo.
I dun like ants. They irriate the hell out of me..
Forgive me..
I woudl just scream out "Sayang!!!! Cockroach!! (Not that I'm scared, just that I hate killing it and seeing the stuff from their tummy come out. Groos. And before it gets off...)
Before he can reach me, my son is already there. He wants to kill it by stomping on it. Arrrgghh!!
lolz...creepy crawly insects freak me out! im wid ya on this!
Michelle !
et tu ?
-Saby, the creep
heyyy i havent figured u out
u cheat
u must tell me your dominant personality trait
i did
i hate cockroaches. hate them. simply. but for some reason i cant seem to kill them. god knows why.
and not to forget lizards. Eeeks. i hate reptiles too. they r sooooo slimy...eww..
Cheesy
God made dis world and all the animals, the birds, the fishes and the insects, the crawling slimy ones too for a purpose
and then God made man
and the whole world got fucked up
Man is the only animal who kills for sport and in anger, and in disgust
eating another animal or insect for food is OK
wat dis female who is still figuring it out is doing is despicable
LIVE and LET LIVE baby
LAKS is right
the eco system is God's plan
read also about the food supply chain and bio degradation
and u will see the beauty of creation
even if I move out from home, I can never have enough courage to face a roach and kill it..lol! I wud rather employ a detective team just for that...:):)
Keshi.
yayya agree ugly and can FLY !
wahhaaaaaa
Post a Comment
<< Home