Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

i never claimed to be a saint!


I am paranoid. I see and expect the worst in people around me. No, not the ones I love, but the ones I am just associated with. Sad to say, this distrust of people encompasses even friends.

Even if I do like a person, and he/she does something that is stupid or disloyal, my opinion on that person goes way down. Within a few seconds, a person whom I enjoyed hanging out with before will be in my “Useless Moron” list.

I know that I am way too quick to judge people. Heck, I form my opinion on someone faster than I can say beep. I like to think that I am a rational person and am capable to make decisions based on a few factors instead of based on a single incident or action. So far, I have not been successful.

However, I am not always set on my opinions and beliefs. Yes, just as fast as I make up my mind, I unmake them. Silly today, moron today. Nice tomorrow, very nice person tomorrow. That sort of thing. So usually, my relationship with people is like, I-like-you-I-like-you-not. It`s quite difficult to live with this philosophy, but it works for me--for now.

This unhealthy behavior of mine sometimes causes me to argue with my sweetie, who is my total opposite when it comes to people. He is so trusting, and always seeing and expecting the best out of people. Have I told that we are completely opposite of each other?? I envy him; on how he is much more comfortable around people because of his friendly nature, unlike my suspicious self.

After more than 6 years of being together, some of his “people positive” attitude has rubbed on me a little (much to my chagrin, actually!). These past few months, I find myself not so quick to judge. I am also more patient with others, and am willing to give them a second chance. I also realize that what is right for me might not be right for others, and vice versa.

But it is proving to be quite a battle. And these test results don’t make it any easier.


Mine:

What Famous Leader Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com


Sweetie`s:

17 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Yikes! No one wants to be told they're Hitler. I am kind of scared to take that one now. I defnitely am shocked you don't strike me that way.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

Wow, I am so much the same when it comes to that. It is so hard to trust people when so many all through your life have let you down time after time.

:(

11:19 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

cheryl: ok, now i feel like bawling my eyes out! i don`t think i am hitler, but that was the result. *sobs*. maybe i should not have posted it..??

chris: i think mine is a natural distrust of people. i am quite defensive by nature, i guess.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

lolz SFO so we have a Ms.Hitler and a Mr.Clinton dating each other ha..awww....wut a celebration it should be :) cos opposites attract and it's good for u guys to learn from each other...hehe....

Well Im quick to judge too...but then I have learnt not to do that...my Impatience with some ppl have not only given me freedom to think for myself but also it has brought alot of bad...I lose it very fast - used to. Now Im trying hard to control myself and take time to form an opinion...tell me abt it, it's a tough job :( but it's really worth it.


Hope u'll get where ur sweety is...good luck babeh :)

Keshi.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

lol..you are hitler??:))..hey dont feel bad..its just a quiz..and with help from your sweety you can soon become bill clinton:)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

That's hilarious -- I am Hitler too! I never would've thought, but I guess, if you read any one of my blog posts, I'm a little bit hostile and condemning. Hehe. Although, I'm more likely to torture some racists than promote racism, so I think the comparison is really lame.

No wonder we like each other's blogs. :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Lol but i met u - n u werent hitler! ;) but trusting with condition is always good at least for the nerves ;)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

opposite poles attract each other....ahahahh.....

:)


Cheers!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Is it really true that opposites attract?? ok now a question is ringing in my head..Hahah

hey Still_figuring_out. yeah i struggle through that about trusting people too..I get freaked out when they get too clingy on me or on my heart. I guess u can guess from ma second last post..Haha.. Hope to work that out..And its good to now that ur other half..is rubbing on ya. so actually, to think of it..Its kinda of an advantage to have some one on the other side..As in opposite..

Good luck sweets..

5:19 PM  
Blogger Devilish Angel said...

Hahaha... Me is Saddam Hussein...

5:30 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

hmm.. wonder what impression still got on me now..


hugsss

=am000nie=

7:14 PM  
Blogger Nayan said...

Hail Hitler!
=))))))))))))))))))))))

12:34 AM  
Blogger R said...

Interesting personalities! and even more interesting to see how stuff is happening!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Paula Abdul sang a song some ages back..

"Opposite Attract"!! Cool song... Think u'd be able to relate to that easily..

Njoy!

Icy:)

7:46 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

aw crap. does that mean you like me or you don't?

nevermind, don't answer that.
; )

i too try not to judge a book by its cover, but it's human nature to do so. all we can do is try.

6:33 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

keshi: ms.hitler, huh ;) lol. i have to agree with the opposites attract thing ;)

lib: lol. you too? i think i feel a little better already!

visithra: thank you visithra! it makes me feel much better that i don`t appear hitler-ish to people ;)

vishnu: lol..agreed.

my_un: i guess you are right about having a "nicer" side rubbing off on me ;)

vanathi: lol..you are?

amutha: i`ll write about it soon :)

nayan: yay for me ;)

rohit: lol..well, if you read my blog, you`ll know how we manage to live without getting to each other--too much!

miladysa: thank you and same to you!

icy: i think i`ll check out that song :)

LM: lol..you are under my "people i like list" right?? ;)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home