Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Monday, December 19, 2005

2005: the year at a glance

So, December is here again. Awesome. Where did all the months go??? It feels like only last week I was sitting in a dance club, bored to tears, mumbling to sister that this is the most boring New Year countdown we are going to have.

In another 12 days, 2006 will be upon us. There are so many things for me to look forward to next year!!! If you can’t tell, I am so darn excited!
The year that was 2005:
-Promised myself I will never hang out with medical students unless I wish to be bored.
-I know how wonderful it feels like to just laze around in the house, spending almost 24/7 with sweetie.
-Missed sweetie like crazy when he was away to India for nearly 3 whole weeks!
-Started driving like a pro. Haha.
-Cooked pasta and spaghetti for the first time. No casualties were reported.
-Tried half boiled eggs with salt--it sucked.
-Fell in love with the Oprah show.
-Got a new job--yikes.
-Got so much closer to sister.
-Created a blog.
-Realized just how freaking much I love sweetie, and vice versa.
-Fell in love with Famous Amos.
-Fell in love with Starbucks.
-Almost cried because Dumbledore died.
-Resolved unsaid matters with dad--got closer to him as well.
-Realized sister is no longer 5 years old.
-Cut my hair--really short.
-Tried Japanese food for the first time.
-Accepted GOD--unquestioningly.
-Fried chicken nuggets without burning them for the first time.
-Made many blogging friends.
-Yearned for a baby.
-Bought a condominium!!
-Got in touch with old friends.
-The year I shopped like a crazy woman--for both me and sweetie.
-Fought with cousin--have not spoken to her since that fateful day.

For this year`s countdown, we have decided not to go out with friends. We will either go for a nice dinner with immediate family members, or buy a few movies and enjoy them while stuffing ourselves with delicious, mouth watering food.

And before I know it, I will be writing another post titled 2006: the year at a glance.

Darn!

27 Comments:

Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Lovely Post!! enjoyed reading it. And the Oprah show surely rocks !! Good one..Seems to me like u have a pretty fulfilling year! Great stuff Still_figuring_out!! MAy next year be a MORE ROCKING GOOD ONE!!!

GREetings from da heart..!!

*huggies*

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't 2006 is rolling in pretty fast..

You have a great list of 2005 there. Happy New Year!!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

nice reaccount ;) 2005 was interesting definetly ;) to a wonderfull 2006 ;)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

that was intresting!....2006 gona rock for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....


GreetZ.....

Cheers!
:)

6:36 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Hey Happy New year and U have a ball..and hopefully ur new year resolution should find you spending a lot of time in the kitchen whipping out some super kewl grub.

8:16 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

cute recap..just reminded me to do one of my own soon..

hugsss


=am000nie=

9:42 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a great year! Yay on the chicken nuggets!!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

gosh you're right, this year flew by. It was my graduating year. I remember the last week of school and how I thought it would never end... But now within a blink of an eye I have been out for 6 months working full time. Crazy..

1:14 AM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

"-Accepted GOD--unquestioningly. " What do you mean by this? e-mail me...

3:31 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

that's quite a list. I don't dare go into that much detail...it would take waaaaay to much effort.

btw, how lazy am i? LOL

3:48 AM  
Blogger Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

That's really cool! There are a lot of great things on your list that you accomplished, and I'm guessing many that you didn't plan to accomplish but you did anyway. Good for you!

Can I just say in a selfish way that I'm so glad you started blogging. :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oy I can't believe how fast this year went...sounds like you had a good year! Here's to a good 2006.

5:37 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

That was a really great list - and it sounds like you've accomplished some wonderful things (really!! some that I wish I could accomplish)

Do I know what a half-boiled egg with salt is.. and I just don't know it???

6:09 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Very nice post...neatly put.


**Cooked pasta and spaghetti for the first time. No casualties were reported.

lol! btw Im a brilliant pasta chef and na I aint kidding :) Im so famous for it that one of my friends is angry with me for not making Pasta for her...:(


2005 was a good year for me except for very few downs..well I dun wanna talk abt the downs...cos ups were just great :)

Have a blast on the 31st SFO!
Keshi.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Loved this post. What a fabulous list! 2005 was a great year, indeed. And I for one am so happy you started this blog. :) Happy holidays!

9:15 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

my_unveilings: i`m happy you enjoyed reading it :) thank you for your well wishes :)

geetha: happy new year to you too..and 2006 is coming pretty fast!

visithra: wishing you a superb 2006 as well, gal!

vishnu: lol..yeah, it`s gonna rock!

aquaM: i intend to! and will snap and post pictures :)

amutha: and i look forward to reading it :)

renee: lol..yeah, YAY!!

chris: lol..i feel like it was only a year ago i entered uni and met my sweetie...but it has been nearly 6 1/2 years now! time sure flies! as for accepting my creator, i will write a post on it soon :)

LM: lol..it does take effort ;) i myself only briefly recounted stuff i thought i will like to recollect in another 10 years or so!

lib: awww...so sweet! and may i say that i`m so darn happy i found your blog? ;)

cheryl: i`ll toast to that ;) mark my words, cheryl..soon, we will be toasting to 2007!!

holli: if you don`t know, then i`ll say..please, stay in the dark!!! lol.

keshi: well, since you owned up to it, keshi, are you going to post your recipe?? ;) hope you have a blast too, gal!

marissa: and i`m happy i met a great writer like you :) happy holidays to you and your family!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

well there r many recipes for Pasta...depends on which one u want :)

Actually Im a very simple cook...and I cook from the heart :) so it turns out nice...hehehehe...

Keshi.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Still_figuring_Out:

as for accepting my creator, i will write a post on it soon :)

Looking forward. :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Nice post!I had an eventful year myself..maybe i should make a list too:)

2:58 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

keshi: well, that is sweet :) but if you want to help out person who has only entered the kitchen to cook about a dozen times, i would appreciate a recipe that is simple but the food is out of this world :)

my_unveilings: :)

shikha: well, im looking forward to reading it!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

A year of great achievements for u... U got closer to ur dad n sis... and ur love for ur sweetie...well ... it doubled...no...tribled...no... it's huggggggggggggge...

PS: I thought ur Mom didnt' let u cut ur hair short until ur marriage... Did i miss something out..??

Hope u have a better 2006.. :)

Cheers!
Icy :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

So 2006 is going to be even bigger?

7:28 PM  
Blogger R said...

heyoo... cool post!

here's wishing you a cooler year ahead to you n your 'sweetie'!

7:31 PM  
Blogger gP said...

It went that fast! Its all because of how we exchange information and how readily available is the info. We didnt have to work hard for it so nowayds its all around us and time flies. But you did do what you like, and thats important. And talking back with you cousin, is that in the 2006 to do list?

I do pasta all the time, just that no one else likes it.

7:48 PM  
Blogger PNA said...

ur post reminds me that i should list my year called 2005 ....mmmm .....

a lot of ups and very few downs but overall more happiness, new good like minded friends real, and blogmates and back home as usual to spend time with my 3 sweet hearts yet again from the boring working life which just started this year ....

lol!

cool cya and happy 2006 and waiting for ur resolutions again ...

mery christmas

Ash

8:35 PM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

ok good! I will be waiting! hehe!

5:29 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

icy: it has been a great year :) i got my hair cut really short in january 2005. it has grown quite long since ;)

kannan: hi :) you bet it`s going to be!

rohit: thank you for the sweet wish :) i hope 2006 will be a wonderful year for you too!

ghost: i think talking to her again will be in the list, what with my upcoming engagement and wedding :)

ash: hi :) good to know it has been a good year for you too :) happy holidays to you as well, and i`ll be looking forward to read your list!

shay: wishing you a marvelous year ahead :)

chris: :)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home