`twas a good Sunday..
Coming Sunday is the first day of Chinese New Year.I will be on leave for 5 days. Yippee! I can hardly wait for tomorrow noon. Yup, I do not need to wait till 5 to leave work. It is half day for us tomorrow. Yay and double yay!For me, the best part of CNY is the lion dance. I have this great fondness for lion dance, ever since I saw my first dance at a wee age of ….(I can`t remember). When I was a kid, I used to live with my grandparents. Their
neighbor was a Chinese family, and they invited the lion dance troupe to perform at their house every year, without fail.The drums, the steps, the energy from the dance just make me feel so alive!
I was so upset that I did not get to watch one single lion dance in the year 2003. I felt like I missed out on something that year. Year 2004 was a good year. I watched dozens of the dances.

Imagine my great surprise and joy when I saw a troupe preparing to perform when I visited the mall last Sunday with sweetie. He is not a big fan, but he knows how much I love them, so we found us a comfortable place in front of Starbucks. Armed with green tea frap (for me), chocolate frap (for sweetie) and cherry
lollipops, we waited for the dance to begin.We waited for almost an hour, but we did not really notice the time because we had a lot to talk about :)

By the time the dance started, there were SO many people around the place. I wished I was taller so that I could have gotten a better view, but it wasn’t so bad. I took a few pictures with the camera in my phone.
I hope to watch more lion dances this year :)





















17 Comments:
:) i love your posts! Its very entertaining.
And Lion dance. hahaha..This is the time they will come knocking on house doors and dance in front. And the house owners usually present the lion dance troupe with a red packet "hong bao" . haha interesting..Some kids are scared of the loud sounds though..
Its cool to see how u enjoy lion dance. :D
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
p/s: the guys underneath are pretty fit..haha!:P
great pictures!
I love the lion dance too. Hope my sons will do too (the big lion face and loud drum noise may scare them). Otherwise, I will have to hide inside the house. Missed it last year at neighbours' coz we stepped out for breakfast. Looking for it this year!
Happy Holidays..
Leave for 5 days!!! awesome!! Enjoy yourself!!!
amy: thank you! the dancers have to be pretty fit, in order to do all those moves! happy hols to you too :)
joey: thanks!
laks: :)
geetha: happy hols. and i hope your sons do enjoy it :)
rohit: lol. i know! i`m so excited for it to be friday!
Cherry lollipops! Yummmm. Lion dance, hmmmm.
Howdy!!
Happy HOlidays!!!!
Enjoy ur self... have an awesome time... wish ur sweety on my behalf too.... Bye! :)
Enjoy ur self... have an awesome time... wish ur sweety on my behalf too.... Bye! :)
what i like about CNY?
***
***
***
oranges :P
hehehe...
=am000nie=
don't forget to post all you did in the 5 days!
Great photographs - I may go and watch the dances in Manchester now :)
Have a wonderful time :)
It's quite Fun, I 've attended them twice 'n' I Loved it. It's Great to know 'n' share with other cultures. thankyou for your comments on my blog.
God bless you.....
i figure ur not an indian
no post on Republic Date
so wat nationality r u?
dont tell me
i will figure it out
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
amu : i just got a box of oranges ;) hehehe
ooh ohh me too me too ;) i love the dance ;) it so excites me ;)))
the drums and all ;)))
have a wonderful holidays ;))
i have never seen the lion dance... now reading ur post and sensing ur enthusiasm for it i am eager to see it.. does something like this happen somewhere in india too??
Coool....5 days leave... How relaxing... Have fun girl :)
Post a Comment
<< Home