Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

how weird am i? am i?? am i weird?!

'Tis a week for tags, so play along ;) I have been tagged by the funky Michelle to list down 6 weird things about me. I know that I do do some stuff which many might consider weird, but I am not sure if I can come up with six. Let`s see, shall we?

1. I love to smell sweet and good all the time, even in my sleep. So, just before I zoom off to dreamland, I apply baby powder all over my face, arms, and body. I justify this by saying this; in case I wake up in the middle of the night with my arms across my face, I want to smell a sweet me :) my sis has termed me “the white ghost”.

2. I have some sort of OCD when it comes to locks. I check and re-check and re-re-re check and sometimes re-re-re-re check the locks in my house and rooms. Even though I know I have locked the doors, I still have to perform one final check on all the locks in the house before I either go to sleep, or leave the house. Apart from that, for extra protection (that’s what I think) I say a little prayer when I perform the “lock checking”.

3. I smile when I use my vanity mirror. I think I look pretty when I smile, so when I comb my hair, or apply make up, or just stare at myself in the mirror, I smile.

4. As in the case of locks, I also have a thing with car locks/doors. Even after locking the car, I will try to open the handle, one by one, to make sure none will open. There have been times when I have turned back to my car after walking more than 100 meters just to re-check if the doors are locked. I know this is weird, and downright silly, but as I said, OCD.

Gosh it is hard trying to decide what is weird, since I think I am perfectly normal!

5. I do not like to sleep with the fan on. I have this silly phobia of the fan falling on me while I sleep, oblivious to its sinister plans. This is quite a problem, since I generally feel cold almost all the time, unless I am directly out in the hot sun. I feel cold when the fan is on. It is of course worse when the A/C is on. But since I don’t trust the fan, I have no choice but to have the A/C on at night, otherwise my sweetie says he might roast. Luckily, my sweetie prefers the A/C to the fan, so I get my wish to have the fan off when I am asleep. I don’t mind wearing a sweater on top of having to use the comforter to sleep. As long as the fan has no chance to fall on top of me.

Reading point no.5, now I do think I might be a little weird ;)

6. I like half boiled egg, but I don’t like it when it is half cooked. Some say it is the same, but I say not. And since I am the one eating it, I say I am right.

Ok, I need to tag 6 people, so here are my targets:
4. Joey


You Are 60% Weird

You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!


26 Comments:

Blogger Queen Bee said...

HAHAHA!!!!! Guess everyone has a wee bit of weirdo in all of us.

I can't stand the fan too when I am sleeping. I am always cold when I sleep; need long pants, quilt/blanket to protect myself ;P

12:00 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

LOLzz!! very funny!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

hehehe! Great! I will do mine now.

12:07 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Hahaha.. we are all weird in one way or the other. But I really didn't expect to be exposing it ;) I was just thinking what a weird tag, and when I reached the end of the post, I see my name!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

THERE I DID MINE!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

when i was small (kiddo, i mean)..i was used to be sooooooooo scared of fans..now, no more :)

btwn, thanks for not tagging me again.. hard to think if i'm weird or not..hehehehehe

hugss

=am000nie=

2:07 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Lock babe!!! Interesting to read abt ur weirder side :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

queen: lol. everybody is unique/weird in their own way ;)

forest: :)

chris: hey chris, what`s wrong with your site? cannot access it.

laks: 80%! lol. maybe you should do the tag anyway.. ;)

geetha: lol. yup, you`re it! ;)

amutha: lol. i`m sure someone will tag you on this soon..it is going around, gal!

icy: lol. locks, yeah. my phobia! :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

ha ha ha ah i enjoyed this blog post. hmm pretty good one..

hey... i am not in love buddy.. but... i love to write so ...

check my latest one.. may be sounding stupid.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

lolzzzzzzzz @ OCD.... nice-to-have-phobia..... ;)

Cheers!
:)

5:35 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

wow...we have a few things in common..like the fan faling on ur head, otherwise like u I'm perfectly normal;)

will have to rack my brains about this one!

hey, why dont u visit my latest post, "AFJ's Tag", read the post and try your hand at it...its a short story writing about 100-200 words, where words that you must use only once have been given. It is challenging..try it.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Very interesting. I think everyone is OCD about something. For me it's turning stuff off. I just think I have to learn to trust myself.

11:01 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

that's funny - I like to smell sweet all the time, but like foody smells.

And I have that same fan phobia - but I can't sleep with the fan off.. so it makes me crazy!!! I'm glad it worries someone else, but at least you're more sensible!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger gP said...

You've been mug-tagged. Its the International Post A Mug week. Be a-part of history.
---> info at my site.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I do not think they are weird just normal... well, apart from the talcum powder :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

ooohh i wasnt tagged ;)) yayyyyyyyy

but the car and lock thingy not so weird thats just being safe ;)

i do the car ;) and always turn back and look behind the seats when i enter in case someone was hiding there ;)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

nice list of weirds!

11:39 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

known stranger: :) glad you enjoyed reading this post.

vishnu: lol. sometimes OCD is frustrating ;)

aquaM: lol. i think i know that tag ;) ok, will try it..

cheryl: lol. yeah, i have read your post on OCD :)

holli: lol. i am glad i am not the only one with the fan phobia!

ghost: mug-tagged?? will check out your site..

miladysa: lol. yeah, i think the powder stuff is weird too..

visithra: i do the "look behind the seat" thing too!

eclectic: lol. why don`t you try it?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

I like half boiled egg, but I don’t like it when it is half cooked.

yeah SFO i would say they are same too..haha..But yes mam, u are right indeeds..

That was an awesome list.I enjoyed reading it totally..

12:51 PM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

tagged again.......

1:43 PM  
Blogger gP said...

Heyya Still! Where's your Mug-Shot!

1:46 PM  
Blogger j said...

what's a half-boiled egg?

6 things? i better get thinking.

2:20 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

amy: hey, glad you are feeling better! so, you think they are the same, huh ;) nope! glad you enjoyed reading my weirdness.

kannan: i checked :) i`ve already done that tag. hope you read it :)

ghost: posted!!

joey: huhm..you just boil the egg in hot water, about a minute or so.. oh goody, you are doing the tag? it is quite a fun tag :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger R said...

Ok... point 5 kinda makes you a *little* weird!

*wink wink*

:D

12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I took the test and I am:

50% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!


I must be mellowing out in my old age!!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

i figure i am weirder than most
i dont need to take a test


i am the best
the weirdest

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home