vanity
How do we define beauty?Some people really do have what I call a funny and weird perspective of beauty. And I will show you why later in this post.
Yeah, sure I wish I was a bit taller. And I have often times said that my eyes are not of the same size. I secretly think my lips are lopsided. Or maybe not. I wish my nose was slimmer. Wish wish wish,but I would never dare to go under the knife to change my face!
Not only because I do not trust another human being with my face, but also because I am too vain to actually want to change my appearance. And, I think I am quite pretty, thank you very much.
Just look at Jocelyn Wildenstein as she is now.
And this is how she used to look like. 
I think had she allowed herself to grow old naturally, she will be much, much prettier than how she looks like now.

Ah the vanity of women! And the misconception of beauty! Is it because of society that people do such things to themselves? I personally think all women look prettier before they get it into their head to modify their appearances.
Do her lips look nice? Or even real??
Nah, I didn’t think so either.Jenny Lee, below, is addicted to plastic surgery. Yup, addicted. I watched her interview on Oprah a few months back. She said she can`t help being critical on herself. She had about 26 surgeries by the time she was 28.
Before and after...
Why, oh why?





















36 Comments:
Make-up & Plastic surgery wonders :)
Just 2 weeks back one of ma very old friend did his hair transplant...when I went to meet him, his face was so badly swollen...I said, now wht??
He was like...I hope this was not a mistake...I was shit scared when that 10hr operation started just to put some patches on the top of ma skull....now ma whole face is in pain...
For a moment I thought it was a mistake...but then now when I asked ho does he feel like...his reply was, HE IS IN LOVE with himself....(pls dont take a the wrong meaning)
It happens that people just go down in confidence if the face is having some prob...if having a surgery is going ot help them, I'll say just go for it...
gosh gosh
that the results of vanity with no control and it exceed out of hand!
Mine mine mine!
THanks for sharing and treasure what we have
GOSH !!!
Why? Beauty lies inside! why these peoples going for surgery and destroying themselves! GOD SAVE THEM!
Cheers!
:)
YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKK sorry SFO this post scared me so much!!! lol I was like EWWWW as I was reading it :)
That first lady looks like a baboon in the making.
The last lady looks like a suicidal mannequin.
**Ah the vanity of women! And the misconception of beauty!
It's mostly not vanity or the misconception that has lead these women to basically death - it's their very low levels of cranium. Disgusting and really stupid!
Keshi.
i no the answer
it is dat beast 'MAN'
and the frogs in france
the fashion capital decides how woomen shud look
and fashions change
in my days beeg bosomed, wide hipped girls were a turn on
good for babies too
then all of a sudden thin is beautiful
wide hips, beeg bosoms were out
and wooman fitted the mould and anorexia happened
in the looks department- the face too had to change
and hence cosmetic plastic surgery and Michael Jackson and monsters
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder
see dat ogre cartoon movie SHREK
it is really beautiful
ewww they look funny n now theyre happy?
Henry David Thoreau on Fashion
Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
Author: George Bernard Shaw
Source: Three Plays for Puritans (preface)
We worship not the Graces, nor the Parcae, but Fashion. She spins and weaves and cuts with full authority. The head monkey at Paris puts on a traveler's cap, and all the monkeys in America do the same.
Henry David Thoreau on Fashion
:O OMG!!! sakit mata edi la...ish ish...
=am000nie=
and very soon the 00nies and the z00nies and the m00nies in india ape the americans in dress lang and behaviour to become hep
then they frequent Mc Donalds to eat Potato burgers instead of vada paav
pepsi and coke instead of Nariyal paani
hey its cool man !
dis gen makes me sick
see u guys
have funn
ADIOS !
phir milenge
OMG! I wonder y ppl tend to get so many stuff done yet... this seems so YUCK!
These are the most frustrated souls on earth i guess, who finds solace in changing their identity :)
Hi SFO,
Great topic. Its so common these days. Everyone is taking it lightly and think of this as a normal thing. its scary though.
If its just for beauty sake and just to be popular. I think they are going overboard.
Is it because of society that people do such things to themselves?
yeah , i dun think society holds the total blame. But i have to agree that it does possess a great influence over the minds and appreances of people. Its demands could cause someone to change his/her look just to be popular i feel. but however at the end of the day i think the decision and responsibility lies with the individual who decides to do plastic surgery. Its his/her own person.
I personally think all women look prettier before they get it into their head to modify their appearances.
I agree with you totally. Its about dressing up, getting the right hairstyle, developing a good character and always trying to look at the brighter side. haha!!
*smiles*
Wow! Such a criticism for this post on God knows what!
Isn't it easy to criticize, people? If you think they are so ugly or have ruined themselves, why do you still run after fashion? Why do you still want to look good? FOR WHAT?
Its not those women who make me sick, its the social ideas that make me puke.
Try to find the reason why they did to themselves.. what have they got trying to look good? Money, love, fame? There are better ways to achieve them.
And.. all of us still follow the same, though some do it unconsciously. Time to wake up.
those look like pics from a horror movie!
Lol that was an interesting take on how sum ppl wud easily go under the knife just for the sake of their Vanity!
Well....u forgot Michael Jackson too...i bet soon he'll be looking like 1 of these...(i guess he is already)!
Nice Take!
There's actually a psychological condition called something like body dismorphic condition or something. It's like having an eating disorder, they look in the mirror and see something than what the rest of the world sees. It's really sad.
YUCK, THEY LOOK LIKE FREAKS!
Are their plastic surgeons blind and down-syndrome?
Unless we have some disfigurement I think we should remain the way nature intended.
AAAAAAAAAA!!!! i just saw few Ghosts. I believe that the Beauty is inside the Person. People only with Sick 'n' Low self Esteem choose such things.
There 're alot many Natural ways to improve looks, They just take some time but Result is always Positive, with no Side affects.
Thankyou for such Nice comments on my Blog. Do visit me again. I hope you 're doin' good.
God bless you....
Nayan I just read ur comment...:)
**Isn't it easy to criticize, people?
Its easy yes...only cos these women r beyond normal pathetic...sorry but it's obvious.
**If you think they are so ugly or have ruined themselves, why do you still run after fashion? Why do you still want to look good? FOR WHAT?
Running after fashion and ruining ur God-given body are totally 2 different things...being fashionable is fine but being deadly to urself utilising unhealthy approaches to stay young is simply disgusting.
**Try to find the reason why they did to themselves.. what have they got trying to look good? Money, love, fame? There are better ways to achieve them.
now u urself r contradicting what u just said above...:) It's not worth going to this extent to look good, rather ugly...
**And.. all of us still follow the same, though some do it unconsciously. Time to wake up.
nope I dun...d u do plastic surgery?
Keshi.
arz000n: you are right, in a sense.if making a few changes to their appearance makes them happy, then go for it right? but there are also people who are addicted to plastic surgery. something called BDD (forgot what it stands for), and there are cases of mothers who have been shunned by their own family because of this.
vishnu: like arz000n said, maybe they are trying to be happy..just like some of us are happy the way we are :)
keshi: i read that jocelyn loves cat and she wanted to look like one. can you see the similarities?
saby: ah. who can get the image of michael jackson`s nose during one of his trials out of their head? he is now a joke. sad indeed.
raj: lol. so the lips are oko? trout lips, i think they are called. collagen induced.
visithra: i don`t think all of them are happy. if i looked like that, i wouldn`t be.
anon:....
amutha: sakit mata?? lol. fakish, aren`t they?
eclectic: i think their surgeons are to be blamed partially.
white forest: i guess you are right. i wonder if all of them are satisfid with the result though. maybe not, as some of them keep on changing surgeons for the same procedures.
amy: the lady, jenny lee, went for her first nose job because her first husband said it was too large. to be insecure about one`s looks can be a bad thing. society has an image of the "right" look for a woman. how sickening..
nayan: i think some of these women were trying to please others. those who are actually addicted to plastic surgery need help. sad how by trying to please others they destroy their natural beauty. and nayan, it is easy to critize people, but sometimes critisim is healthy. Oprah featured a story on being addicted to plastic surgery not with the intention to critisize them, but to create awareness among her audience that there are people who are willing to actually ruin their looks by chasing an "ideal" look. there are of course, cases where those who have done changes to their look do look nice, but it is because they knew their limit. a little bit of collagen does wonders to one with very thin lips. but imagine lots of it which creates a trout look.
shikha: then their surgeons and they themselves failed in their mission to look prettier ;)
rebel: michael jackson? i think he would have been happier had he not gone for all those awful surgeries.
cheryl: yeah, something called BDD. and it is sad.
chris: greedy, i think.
miladysa: agreed! for example, i think a burnt victim has a reason to do it. but someone who is just fine and pretty..??
champ: people with low self esteem might go for plastic surgery, as you said. natural is the best :)
shay: when it in an addiction, it can be disgusting. just like aneroxic or bulimia. i have checked, and thanks!
Plastic Surgeons, pls impose some art lessons on yourselves...
** i read that jocelyn loves cat and she wanted to look like one. can you see the similarities?
lol Jocelyn looks more like a baboon...sorry but she has really mucked ard with her face...what a sad situation.
What I cant understand is why cant they see how ugly they have become and intead of realising that they go on doing it till they look like walking dead bodies...
Keshi.
great examples. these women were beautiful before they went under the knife, and getting plastic surgery made them look worse.
ewwwww... the pictures look gross!!
Looks like they hv enuf money and hv no idea what to do with it. And they thought of doing some experiments on their faces!
What a pity!
It's so sad! How many women would give their right arm to look as beautiful as these women looked when they thought they were ugly? Sheesh! It always looks terrible, always, always, always.
I miss the 80s, when people looked like people. As magically different as could be.
I think to a certain extent,the whole system is guilty.
We are living in a look based world and it SUCKS big times.
People judge other people on the basis of there appereance and what you have posted above is just the same Commom mentality going a bit too Extreme.
Am feeling very sorry for these girls.
I think I lost my appetite looking at those poor women. If it makes them happy though, more power to them.
U scared the hell out of me !! this was scarier than the Tales from Uni series !!
Jeez those photos gives me jitters.
Spare me!
FIrst of Keshi's first comment"The last lady looks like a suicidal mannequin." LOLOLOL killed me but she looks like ACTION MAN really.
I think part of our personalites and identity are inour faces, we've seen it in the mirror all these years, I read about the first succesful entire face transplant that the person is having problems adjusting to the new face because it looks like it is someone else completely in the mirror!
I think plastic surgery should be kept on medical basis,
I had a friend that was born without an upper lips and they reconstructed he face with skin from other parts of her body, that's what plastic surgery should be used for
Post a Comment
<< Home