Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Friday, January 20, 2006

i just like to worry, that`s all....darn!

3 days ago my sweetie informed me that my cousin invited us over to his house warming party, and since sweetie was supposed to go outstation today and might not be back in time for the function, I was to attend it. Alone. Well, not really, since I would have taken my sis along with me.

But still! What worried me the most was not the fact that I am not so close to my cousins or that I would have absolutely nothing to talk about to anybody there, but knowing that I had to find my way (on my own!) to a place which I am not familiar with at all. At night!

To top it off, the function starts at 7.30pm. By the time I finish work and fetch my sister, it would be 6.45pm to 7pm when I reach home (darn the traffic jam!). The drive to my cousin’s place will easily take almost 45 mins to an hour. If I go home first, take my shower and get ready, I think I’d reach his house only about 9pm. So the alternative is for me to fetch my sister and leave straight from her college.

But that would mean I’d be in my work clothes, attending a function without having my evening shower! Heaven forbid if I was to see a day when I attend an event without looking and feeling my best. Yeah, when hell freezes over, dudes.

So yesterday, I told my honey that I do not wish to go, since it would not be convenient at all for me. And I was worried I’d lose my way there. Waaaaaaaaaaa..

Bless my sweetie, he was understanding and said we will visit them some other day. I was so relieved!

To my delight however, my sweetie’s meeting was cancelled, so he would not be going outstation after all. So, the both of us will be attending the function today. I am looking forward to it, as my mom informed me that I do need to socialize more with people, and attending my cousin’s house warming and meeting my relatives would be a nice place to start.


**When your life revolves around a young entrepreneur, it is better to not have a fixed day plan. I was supposed to attend a party tonight, but have just been informed that we can`t make it today as he has to attend to a couple of business dealings at night. The good thing will be I’d get to follow him. I like to do it as I get a chance to just lazily sit in the car on the way to meet his clients.

32 Comments:

Blogger tulipspeaks said...

i need to socialize more too..don't ya think..ish..but i hate to attend a function where 90% of the people there are related sumhow related to me..

=am000nie=

2:15 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Good for you that ur sweetie is very understanding. Very important!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

WOW! Nice change to your blog colours and lots of additions!

4:59 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

laks: nice to know i`m not alone! :)

amutha: lol. you do? now, i wonder why... ;)

geetha: definitely very imporatnt! :)

queen: thank you, thank you :)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Nayan said...

Pink over Dark Gray?? What the hell.. I can't read it. I had to select the text so that it will be blue on white. :(

BTW.. have a nice time! :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

ah the last minute cancelations nvm nvm ;)

oooh nice look but readings kinda hide - lighter font colour pls ;)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Devilish Angel said...

Cool template...

6:52 PM  
Blogger gP said...

Nice template change.

Life is complicated. But I like to sit in the car too and just let the dudes drive to wherever and when we get to the place, I never want to get down...hahahha...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

good template change.....good to know u got understanding sweetie!


have a nice weekend with ur sweetie ;)

Cheers!
:)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

That would be a hassle. Glad you still get to go! I will get on my tag soon.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I love the new look! :)

Your Sweetie sounds a dream, you two are are lucky to have found each other - how did you meet?

1:18 AM  
Blogger Joanna Arcieri said...

I like the template change.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Bein' worried about things is human Nature, So don't worry about it, LOL!

God bless you....

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Bein' worried about things is part of Human Nature, so don't worry about it, LOL!

God bless you....

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy: "So I hear you're
getting married?"

"Yep!"

"Do I know her?"

"Nope!"

"This woman, is she good looking?"

"Not really."

"Is she a good cook?"

"Naw, she can't cook too well."

"Does she have lots of money?"

"Nope! Poor as a church mouse."

"Well then, is she good in bed?"

"I don't know."

"Why in the world do you want to marry her then?"

"Because she can still drive!"








i tot u needed a few laffs

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Love da pink flower and gosh its beautiful the way u put the pictures together..Lovely and attractive..I could wait to write this comment..hahaha


And wonderful post as well. *smiles* and yeah i can imagine attending a party without having a chance to take my evening shower. GOSH!! It would be so uncomfortable.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

i meant i can't wait to write da comment abt ya template..i am always making mistakes in ma typing. esp. in comment boxes..argh..haha

10:32 AM  
Blogger j said...

i like your new blog design and i love the painting! strange how things work out isn't it?

11:48 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

nayan: lol. i think you read it while i was still updatating the template and posts :) i hope the lighter font makes for an easier read.

visithra: :) lighter fonts applied!

vanathi: thank you! and welcome back. :)

gp: thank you :)

vishnu: and i hope you have a good weekend too :) and thank you!

anc: youo got that right.

cheryl: and i look forward to read it :)

miladysa: yeah, we are lucky to have found each other. i did write about how we met..i`ll try to put a link to it on my blog.

cinefelle: glad you do :)

champ: it is normal, i guess. the problem is i seem to have a phd in it :)

saby: lol. that`s a good one, and thank you for sharing :)

amy: lol. thank you for your kind and lovely words, gal. can you guess the theme for the collage? ;) and don`t worry about the typos ;)

joey: i`m glad you like them :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger R said...

yes! it can be so weird going to a party and not knowing what will you be doing, with whom will you be interacting..

3:18 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Thats the good part of visiting a party...when u really dong know whom to interact and what to do...

I say, the best thing to do is head straight towards bufffet and start munching....

5:01 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

hey the new colours look good ;)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Ahaan u blog got a make-over!

I love socialising ... and esp attending family functions where i get to meet all my relatives n cousins .. wow .. tiz so much fun!!!I wouldnt care much abt my evening shower as well! lol

7:11 PM  
Blogger Anck su Namun said...

Got you tagged !!

Check out my post :-)

8:59 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

It would frighten me as well to go to a party where I hardly know anyone.... but then again... I'd also get some new material for my blog! ;) lolz ...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur sweetie is so sweet :) My abhi would have said "arrey, why cant u go alone? there will be so many ppl.. dont worry so much.." etc. etc. he likes to see me as an independent person, which i tend not to be.. otherwise going alone would have given me creeps too :) cheers to u not going alone..

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anon was me..

2:16 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Love the new template...


yep I wouldnt wanna go to a party where I dunno many ppl..but I'd take someone with me then and have a ball talking to new ppl :) After all thats the only way u can meet new ppl na...


Keshi.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

i used to feel out of place at parties too

for one, i am a lousy dancer
i gott 2 left feet and my wife loves to dance

but after a couple of drinks
i am on the floor
the first dance is wid me wife

then i move on to the more beautiful woomen

11:58 AM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

why didn't you tag me?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

All I can say is babez u've got a real understanding sweetie..!! Keep him safe and be good to him always!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Glad that eventually all worked out fine for u :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home