Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Does my previous post sound depressing?

Well, it was not meant to be, because I am not unhappy. I am tired because of all the exciting and interesting turn of events that was my mini vacation. Vacation on the road, more likely.

The first couple of days were relaxing. I woke up late, ate good food, watched awesome movies, had fun teasing sis, and had a lovely time hanging out with sweetie. Then we had to go to his hometown for a sudden visit. The too short visit was very nice. I met more of his
relatives, and all of them were very nice to me. Sweetie`s father left to India, earlier than he planned. I wonder if he will buy my sarees on this trip.

Once back here, we had busy days. Pleasant busy days, actually. Now I know why sweetie gets so tired and sleepy at the end of the day.

Then we visited my parents. That was certainly an eventful journey :) My parents did some minor renovations to the house, and bought new furniture. It was pretty cool. I always feel like I am going to a new house whenever I visit them, as my mom always does minor changes to the house.

I learnt a very important lesson from my mom. How to tie a saree. It wasn`t easy, but I think the saree will stay in its place this weekend; I am going to be in them most of the time, so they better not embarrass me!

Last year when sweetie visited India, he bought me two absolutely gorgeous looking sarees. I have never worn them, so I am so very excited about getting a chance to do so this weekend.

If you are wondering what’s up this weekend, wonder some more ;)

On the way back from my parent`s home, our car a/c compressor blew. Or that is what we think is wrong. It was a hot day, and I was almost roasting on my side of the car. Since we had to wind down the window, the tints were pretty useless. Now I know how important a/c is for a car.

All that heat made me drowsy, but I did not sleep, as I wanted to keep my sweetie company while he drove.

During the holiday, we also tried to decide on the color scheme for our new condo. As expected, I have not made up my mind. There are thousands of colors, and to expect me to choose only six to seven is proving to be a challenge. It seems sweetie has finally realized that April is not so far away, and that we need to get the condo painted and furnished by then.

So yesterday, after our tiring, hot journey home, we dragged ourselves to three furniture malls. We saw a bedroom and living hall set that we think we do nicely for our new home. But, there are still more furniture malls that I want to visit before making up our minds.

By 9pm yesterday, my feet were begging to stay in one place, out of the confinement of my
shoes. I was in a crappy mood, as I realized that I was yet to iron my work clothes. Fortunately, the ironing did not take me long. After a long hot shower, I was refreshed yet sleepy. I was in a zombie state while sweetie watched a movie. I don’t remember what time I slept.

I am still so sleepy, and wish it was 5pm already, so that we can visit our condo and have a look at the paint colors again. And there is another furniture mall in today’s agenda as well.

Better yet, I wish it was Friday!





23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Furnishing the house is fun, especially an empty one. Take your time.. choose well.. and don't over buy! :P

1:08 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Http://www.nateberkus.com/products.htm

u might be interested in this - saw it on oprah - i love how fast he got the house done

http://www2.oprah.com/foodhome/home/decorating/slide/20051104/decor_20051104_350_101.jhtml

and get a feature wall - different coloured wall from the rest and decorate it ;)

i might end up in the same place as u this weekend if i do ill call :)

ps nice photos :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

so you'r having great time qwith your sweetie these days... enjoi


Cheers!
:)

2:27 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

geetha: lol..i will try not to overbuy ;)

visithra:uhhh...i love it when nate is a guest on oprah`s. he does amazing work! did you watch the episode where he makes over kirstie alley`s kitchen? will check out those links.. :) thanks, gal!

vishnu: yup, i am :) and you bet i will!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Wow that sounds like really tiring trip eh and yeah checking out other malls is safer before settling down for da final furniture set for ya condo..Hey inform us what colour u gonna paint it aights.Soundslike there is a whole lot of furnishing to do..hehehe...HAVE FUN !!!!


*big smiles*

2:45 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Don't worry too much about the paint colours, can always re-paint every few years once you are tired of the colour. *wink*

4:00 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I love decorating rooms..have fun:)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Happy Villain said...

Glad you're home and had a good time! I missed you and your sweet comments.

Isn't decorating a thrill? I can not only plan out what I want for my rooms right now, but I actually plan for the changes two years away when I get sick of what I'm putting in new. :)

Don't forget to have fun! This is a happy time in your life!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Hmmmm....
Someone is having a good time on weekdays....nice :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Nayan said...

Wow! So hectic! Pheew!! :)
Take care :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

PICTURES OF YOU TWO!! YEEEEEE CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Now just one of you together!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Well you sound like a good tired. Furnishing the house sounds very exciting! If I were there to help, I definitely would...

2:48 AM  
Blogger coolvir said...

Great...seems you are enjoyig the business befor THE day...

And btw...your pic is very cute....and by that i mean the girl in the pic :)

3:24 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! Is that a pic of you.. just there - no caption or anything??

Surprise!!! I'm so excited!!! So cute!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Not surprise that you're cute - just surprised that there's a picture out of nowhere all of a sudden!!

(had to clarify that last comment)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Well, your previous post did sound alittle like unhappy. I'm glad you 're doin' good 'n' you had alot Great fun in last days. Welcome back though. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

6:39 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

amy: sure i will keep it all updated in here :) furnishing is fun, but all those choices..!!

queen: lol, i guess i can do that!

shikha: i am sure i will! :)

lib: and i missed reading your stories! lol. you actually pplan changes 2 years away? my my..

arz000n: well, that someone is always dead tired by the end of each day ;) lol.

shay: yes! so so hard. but i have to make up my mind in a couple of days time ;)

nayan: hectic would actually be an understatement.

chris: thanks :p coming soon!

cheryl: thank you for the kind thought!

coolvir: lol. that is what i thought you meant too ;)

holli: LOL. thank you :) i just made up my mind to post our pictures. i think it`s time to personalize my blog :)

champ: :) i wonder why it sounds that way. lol. it was a fun tired ;)

9:28 AM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

busy busy busy..sumone sound really busy..

hugsss

=am000nie=

8:18 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Those are ur pics???

9:45 PM  
Blogger DARLing said...

SO pretty ... i love to see your pics.. more more more .. !!
ahahhaha if i am a guy your sweetie will cut off all links of me to u!!
eheeee

11:45 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

amutha: ;)

cheesy: yup.

darling: lol. thank you ;) and yeah, i am sure he will! lol.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Hey.... u have a real cute face... Nice to match ur face to ur name SFO :)

Don't worry gurl.... All this will happen just once... So just chill and enjoy!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home