Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

home updates

Yesterday’s visit to the furniture mall was a good one. We saw stuff we liked, and most probably will purchase soon. We are almost sure about the:

Hall cabinet
Dining table set
Master bedroom set
2 guest room sets
Prayer alter

For our living room, we are interested in L shaped sofa, instead of the 3+2+1 set, as I think the latter will take up more space compared to the former. On Sunday, we saw an L shaped set that we liked. It is big enough to accommodate 2 sleeping forms, yet pretty and will do nicely in the living hall. So most probably, in case we don’t find any other, we might buy that one.

My sweetie thinks we should do the paint job as a family project. My parents painted the guest room (sorry sis, it does look like a guest room now, since all your personalized posters and paintings are gone) in their house a couple of weeks back, and it turned out just nicely. Maybe better than the one they paid to have repainted. And sweetie thinks paid painters would not do a fine job as he expects.

(Sweetie is a bit of a perfectionist. He wants every tiny bit of lines on the wall filled with the white gooey stuff, and thinks the painting process should be done according to expert suggestion. Like, paint the base, wait for 12 hours to dry before applying the next coat and all.)

When I told my parents of his idea, they were quite excited and are more than happy to take a few days off and help us paint. Knowing sweetie and his attention to details, long, long, days await us all. Not that I am complaining, mind you, since the finished work is guaranteed to make our home a lovely place indeed.

I am now perusing paint catalogues. I am about 50% sure of the paint colors. I think by tomorrow, I should have made up my mind.

If we can have the condo painted by the third week of Feb., the furniture can be fitted by the forth week. And after that, we’ll move in!!

Yahoo!

19 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

It all sounds so exciting! You should take before and after pictures! (It's always fun to see your progress)

good luck!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

And sweetie thinks paid painters would not do a fine job as he expects.
When I think about all this...interior decoration thingy, I think I'll hire a professional coz wheneva I make a change at ma home, ma mom just freaks out ;)

Good luck SFO!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Be extra careful about straining the neck when painting the ceilings though.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Happy Villain said...

Uh-oh. Have you ever worked on a home project with your sweetie before? Because every project I've ever worked on with anyone I cared about, ended in some horrible fight! And you're going to bring your parents in on it? I wish you all the best! Just do whatever he says and make him happy, or no one will be happy. :) (I'm like your sweetie, needing perfection.)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Great planning!! :) Hope all things work out well. and WOW...

2:59 PM  
Blogger Anck su Namun said...

Just use bright and vibrant shades like orange and yellow, mainly if 'tis wooden.
Ours consist of orange doors and green walls. And shades of pink and purple here and there. Wud look amazing and different from the usual blue and creme

4:17 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Not long now!! :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

alright, sumone sound like a housewife to me now..*sighhh


=am000nie=

8:15 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Ahaaaa!!

Besta luck with everything!! :)

I could never have this much patience!;p

9:45 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm so jealous! I love furniture shopping and decorating! Good luck.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yay! Good luck picking out the colors.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Thankyou for the comments on my blog. I'm glad you 're enjoyin' the home makin'. It sure takes time to get the Best but it sure feels Bet when it's done. Hope you 're no more tired. *Smiles*

God bless you....

6:58 AM  
Blogger Chris Kalani said...

all sporting events are big in America... Where are you from anyways!?

10:50 AM  
Blogger DARLing said...

I love tat last PIC ..
so pretty so artisitc !!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love family paint projects!!! & all the best moving in! :D

12:36 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

LM: i surely will.

arz000n: lol. thank you :)

queen: ceilings i leave to the guys ;)

lib: lol. ok, i`ll keep that in mind, and maybe find subtle ways to get him to my way of thinking..??

amy: yeah, i know..sometimes i too go wow.

anck: i am leaning towards bright colors :)

miladysa: all of a sudden, it seems to be staring in my face ;)

amutha: LOL. i do? lol.

cheesy: lol. i never thought i would either. you learn when the time is right, i guess.

renee: :) i have to admit. though tiring, it is fun to see, choose and decide :)

cheryl: thanks :)

champ: homemaking..i like that! :)

chris: malaysia.

darling: ;) thanks!

curious: hi! thank you :)

3:50 PM  
Blogger gP said...

Just IKEA your house!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

I saw a house with one wall painted bright orange and the furniture on that side all black - paintings black frame - oh it was awesome

then then evertyhing else was white - loved the decor ;)

woohhoo am excited

5:55 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Wow, I'm sure you guys are excited.

Don't worry, the 'perfectionist bit', will result in you having a gorgeous home..

Enjoy..

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home