a good deed, but next time please check the items, lady!
Two days ago I purchased a top and the sales girl forgot to charge me for it. So after work, I went back to the shop and requested to pay for it. Needless to say, all of the sales people there were surprised that I went back to pay. The cashier asked me why I even bothered. I told her;
“Well, I want to sleep peacefully at night”.
I did not do that because I am trying to be all goody and honest and all that, but really, because I do not wish to feel guilty. In fact, I think feeling guilty has to be one of the worst feeling someone could feel.
On that day, I was waiting for work to be over not to get back to the comfort of my home, but to pay for the top and get the uneasy feeling off me.
I know I did not do it knowingly, that the fault was on the sales girl for being so careless, but it did not stop me from feeling really bad.
I think I do not need anyone to make me feel bad, since I can do that all by myself, thank you very much.
“Well, I want to sleep peacefully at night”.
I did not do that because I am trying to be all goody and honest and all that, but really, because I do not wish to feel guilty. In fact, I think feeling guilty has to be one of the worst feeling someone could feel.
On that day, I was waiting for work to be over not to get back to the comfort of my home, but to pay for the top and get the uneasy feeling off me.
I know I did not do it knowingly, that the fault was on the sales girl for being so careless, but it did not stop me from feeling really bad.
I think I do not need anyone to make me feel bad, since I can do that all by myself, thank you very much.





















15 Comments:
my honest little babe
hahaha
u must be sleeping so well after tat do u ?
Well done...
Good for you, gal! Well done, and salutes from me :)
thats such a wonderful thing to do - good that they acknowledged it
hey, u r just like a fren of mine.. she'll feel so guilty for cheating/hurting anyone even wen it was not her fault.. :) buts it gud u returned to pay back the money.. i once went to a handbag showroom n accidently carried a small one in my hand along with the ones i bought... wen i went back to return that sales gal got a serious scold from the owner.. then i felt bad.. not wen i had the bag with me.. i went to return it just like that.. if i didnt got time to return it even then i wdnt have felt guilty.. :)
Very, very nice of you... *pat on your back*
Many of us are honest, but whether we will take all the effort to go out of the way to pay for it.. I wonder?
I completely understand! I went back to wal-mart last week because I bought a set of cups for $1. When I got them home, I realized it was actually TWO sets stuck together...yes, I had to go all the way back for A DOLLAR!
but I couldn't rest easy until it was paid for!
Cheers to being honest
; )
Thats a great thing u did SFO! *CLAPPS for that !! :D U GO GIRL! ;)
seriously i might not have done the same if i were u..kekekeke..
=am000nie=
Integrity - sadly it is a rare commodity these days. What a gem you are!!
good job :)
The feeling of guilt can kill the person...!
Wonder, how the World'd look like, if everybody feels such way.
Like I already said, you 've a Great person inside you. *Smiles*
God bless you....
Ur a damn honest babe...good on ya!
Keshi.
I'm really good at that too. I bet you gget some good Karma from that!
Your this post helped me to understand myself. Really. Whenever I was caught in typical situations, I choosed to do right not because I want to feel good about myself but because I want to feel satisfied at the end of the day.
Self satisfaction is the best feeling.
Post a Comment
<< Home