Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

My Photo
Name:

me? i guess you can figure me out as you read my blog.

Friday, February 24, 2006

how do all you mothers manage it??

I have been on the road so much this past one month. It feels like ages since I last slept for more than 5 hours. I have gone from feeling happy to excited to worried to downright miserable.

The last straw came last night when I couldn’t find a fresh, matching bed sheet set. The bed, the pillows, the bolster and the comforter all belonged to different bed sheet set. I looked at my bed, ended up laughing and finally in tears. It feels like so much to do, with so little time.

I am darn happy at the thought of moving into our own home, but all the things that need to be done before the move seemed to weigh me down emotionally yesterday. The rooms are a mess. I wondered again and again if I will make a good wife. I can`t even plan a move, how on earth am I going to manage a family?

Today we are leaving to my hometown with my in-laws. I hope to relax in my dear mom`s home, but I doubt I will be able to do that.

I am just feeling so down. I need some ice cream. And maybe a pair of new shoes. A new skirt wouldn`t hurt. What`s a new skirt without at least 2 new blouses to match right? Heck, a full blown shopping is what I need.

** I think Taylor Hicks from American Idol totally rocks.

25 Comments:

Blogger DARLing said...

Na ... a green tea ice cream for my sfo..

11:56 AM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

hey jus be cool and relax, everything will go smooth.....

Cheers!
:)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Hey..u'll do just fine:)..and go ahead..buy that skirt and blouses:))

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I need some ice cream. And mayb...
Just wondering...if you feeling so down...how much needs to be spent to get you back in a good moood...ice cream + shoes + skirt + 2 blouses..

Priceless.....

:)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Awww ull be a wonderful wife mother

moving gets on the nerve of everyone so dont fret darling ;)

have a nice weekend

1:47 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

I think a few of them rock this year

i hope all 14 that ive eyed make it -

1:53 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

lol again me ps taylor made it!!!!!!!!!

but am sad bobby went

http://american.idolblog.com

1:59 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

darling: lol. add that to my list, dear!

vishnu: thanks :) and i love your most recent post.

shikha: :) thanks for the kind words!

arz000n: lololol. well, all that would give an instant cheer to a gal ;)

visithra: thanks a bunch, sweet gal. i know! i saw the board too. at first i thought it was live telecast in our shores..guess not!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Maybe just concentrate on your master bedroom (ie only your bed & curtain for privacy), kitchen (ie keep it to 6 or 8 sets of basic crockery), living hall (a sofa & tv), dining room (1 set of dining table with chairs).

The other luxury stuffs or extras (eg decorations) can be added in future. At least you prioritize and work on the needs. It's hard to rush through all the stuff and still be able to find the most desirable or choicest among for all.

All the best, gal! Maybe the rest you will be able to find them when you go for honeymoon and select together with your sweetie :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger PNA said...

hahahhaa:)
go ahead and fulfill ur dreams girl ...........

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

oh retail therapy that neva fails to lighten up the mood for sure. makes us more happier above all. *smiles*

Aww..SFO. This is expected. When all things were in a rush and on the go. Sapping all that energy, brain power, strength and sometimes drive. Tiredness, stress and anxiety tend to visit us at the most unexpected time. But i believe it would be a good cry or down moment. U know a release can always be a boost to the next beginning. *smiles*

And abt the new wife. You know what? The fact that you wondered if u would be one. Makes u one already. You are trying so hard. Working out all things so that u guys can sit back and relax when its time. U will make a great wife and do not be discourage if things don't seem to be appearing perfect at times. Its always worth a cry yeah but it will never change the fact and desire that you will make a great wife. ;)

CHIN UP girl. I know you will be a blast ! ;)

ROCK ON and Shop till you drop in joy! LOL

*HUGS

5:06 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Take it easy dear...
You are just trying to complete so many of your tasks all together. Plan it properly. Take you time.

You'll get a hang of it. I don't think anybody can say they are an expert to even manage a family.. We all learn as we go... and you will too.

Relax and enjoy whatever you're doing..

5:13 PM  
Blogger Pradeep Puranik said...

Heeyyyyyyyyy SFO! (smiles)

Retail Therapy? LMAO!


Hey, what Geetha says is so very true!

Try not to get all stressed out. Try and relax girl. Catch a few deep breaths. Chill out a bit.


Best wishes
PRADEEP K.


PS: Retail Therapy? Hmmm... LOL

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

hey dont be so negative.. ofcourse u r going to be gud wife :) ice cream seems cool!! :) relaxing sounds good too :D just enjoy ur stay.. and those different colored bed-sheet set were worth to u laugh :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

aww.. come on dear..take one thing at a time..

i might not fit into the bill of a perfect wife..not yet at least.. but cleaning and moving stuffs here and there is sumthing i always do..

it'll be tiresome, confusing and u'll feel the chore never ends.. but take one thing at a time.. surely everything will fits in well..


hugsss

=am000nie=

12:01 AM  
Blogger tulipspeaks said...

but i love the last paragraph the best :P

=am000nie=

12:01 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Just try to focus on how great everything is going to look when it all gets into place.

BTW, I'm a huge Idol fan. I haven't decided yet who my favorite is.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

You'll learn it all na ... with time ... dont get so stressed out ok ...

and lol .. i was like ... aww shez feeling so low ... and u go ... i need an ice-cream!! ! hahahaa

2:53 AM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

just sustain it dear..everything is going to be okay with the new place ...new raiments....icecreams :)
(voww i love icecreams too)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

LOL! can't use skirt 'n' Blouse bUT yes! Ice Cream is always useful to change the freakin' mood. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

7:02 AM  
Blogger j said...

shopping therapy. yes. the best therapy a girl could ask for, haha.

4:02 PM  
Blogger coolvir said...

hey don't worry.....just move forward and things will fall in places

8:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

awwww...knock ur self out shoppin!!!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jackal said...

hmmm dont worry .....u wud get used to it......ok smile now i have bought he stuff u wanted shoes, skirt etc but where to deliver hurrry have the ice cream too its melting : )

4:02 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

In times of major changes one feels so overwhelmed and stressed out...just take it easy SFO and let time do the job...slowly but surely...u will be fine...besides ur going to ur Ma's place - what better place is there on Earth! Enjoy :)

btw I'd agree abt the shopping ;-) I'd go for 2 skirts n 4 tops..hehehehe...go for it girl!

Keshi.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home